2nd Trimester

Can I eat raw shrimp?

I know I can eat cooked shrimp but can I have raw??

Re: Can I eat raw shrimp?

• My question is, why would you want to?

I've been to a lot of sushi restaurants and I don't think I have ever seen that on the menu.  Unless you are talking about ceviche, but in that case the shrimp is technically "cooked" by the acids in the marinade.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would have to say no on that one.
    8/27/10 MC at 14 wks ~ 5/22/11 David was Stillborn at 23 wks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemorethancottoncandy:

My question is, why would you want to?

I've been to a lot of sushi restaurants and I don't think I have ever seen that on the menu.  Unless you are talking about ceviche, but in that case the shrimp is technically "cooked" by the acids in the marinade.

This! I can't say I've ever heard of anyone eating raw shrimp before.

• Most doctors recommend staying away from raw fish but it's a personal decision.  I eat sashimi from places I really trust but have never had raw shrimp before.  Don't think I would since different bacterias live in crustaceans vs. fish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • irerirer member
    imagemorethancottoncandy:

My question is, why would you want to?

This. 

• imageThecharl:

Maybe I don't mean raw. I'm talking like shrimp cocktail. I'm guessing they pre-cook it.

• ::headdesk::  shrimp cocktail IS COOKED SHRIMP!

Shrimp 101:

Uncooked shrimp is brown.  Cooked shrimp is pink. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • imageThecharl:

imageThecharl:

Maybe I don't mean raw. I'm talking like shrimp cocktail. I'm guessing they pre-cook it.

Shrimp cocktail is cooked, it's just served cold.

• imageThecharl:

imageThecharl:

Haha. Yes, you can eat shrimp cocktail. It is BOILED shrimp.

Have you ever seen raw shrimp? - gooey, gray, mushy, and definitely not something I've ever seen someone eat raw. 

• SORRRRY! I'm the dumbass who wasn't sure if it was cooked or not. Thanks everyone who gave me a decent answer, not an *** answer.
  • I wouldnt

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• imageScout2005:

imageThecharl:
    SORRRRY! I'm the dumbass who wasn't sure if it was cooked or not. Thanks everyone who gave me a decent answer, not an *** answer.

We must be reading a different thread. These were remarkably tame answers.

This.  I think the responses you got were pretty helpful/nice.  The only one who called you a dumbass was, well, you.

• Why would you want to? I'd say no on this one.
  • imageScout2005:

As far as I understand it, no one should eat raw shrimp.

Shrimp, eel, crab are always cooked. I eat a lot of sushi, and I've never seen raw shrimp on the menu. Ever.

This. Shrimp is not something that is served raw (at least not that I have seen). Cold shrimp, such as that served as shrimp cocktail is still cooked. 

• for what its worth, i didnt know the difference. I learned something new today :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLittleApple:

::headdesk::  shrimp cocktail IS COOKED SHRIMP!

Shrimp 101:

Uncooked shrimp is brown.  Cooked shrimp is pink. 

I literally just cracked up.

I was really hoping she would figure this out.
  • Thanks to this post,I am now craving shrimp cocktail! Yum!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"