2nd Trimester

upper abdominal pain

I've been having upper right abdominal pain, like cramping and tightness. And am not sure if I should be worried. I tried to call a nurse at my OB, but couldn't get through. Has anyone had this?
image Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: upper abdominal pain

• Oh my goodness am I ever. So painful and uncomfortable. Mine has been so bad that my ribs and spine are sore from the tightness. I have been calling the advice nurse every day because of it!

If it is bloating, gas-x and lots of water. Stay away from foods that cause it like high fat, carbonated beverage, or anything that triggers it for you. If it is constipation, really plain diet. Keep to toast and brown rice, crackers, and maybe some fruit. Pineapples and prunes really helped for me. Mine was so bad I had to take magnesium citrate to get things moving. 

Hope you feel better!

• Around week 17 I had THE WORST upper abdominal pain & cramping.  I thought it could possibly be my gallbladder, but my doctor diagnosed it as severe gas! Definitely talk to your doctor & see what he/she thinks.  It could very well just be horrible, pent up gas.  My doctor advised me to start taking Gas-X & it has really helped.  But, just double check with your doc to make sure it's not your gallbladder or something.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info! I've been feeling better, I haven't had any pain lately. I don't eat much high fat foods and I don't drink soda. But I did drink a little carbonated water lately, so maybe I'll avoid it. I ate pineapple and prunes quite a bit in my first trimester, so I'll make sure to eat some more this trimester. Thanks again! :)
    image Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's what I've been thinking. I hope all it is is gas. The last two days I've felt much better. The pain has subsided for now, but I feel this strange little bump above my belly button, and not sure what it is, it's been there since around 10-12 weeks along. I'm not going to stress too much, I'll hopefully get a hold of my nurse/doctor tomorrow. I appreciate your input! thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"