Breastfeeding

Jury Duty

I just received a jury summons for next month, and I'm wondering if any other moms  have served while nursing. My DD still nurses every 3-4 hours during the day, and I have no plans to cut back anytime soon.  I currently stay at home with her, so she infrequently gets bottles, and it takes me 2-3 pump sessions to provide enough milk  for one feeding. In PA, childcare is provided so do you think I'll be permitted to take nursing breaks if I'm selected?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Jury Duty

• In KY nursing mothers are exempt from jury duty. I know I saw a list of all of the state laws on breast feeding somewhere. . .
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I called the number on the form and told them I was BFing my DD and would have to bring her along.  They excused me pretty quickly!  LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmmm...nothing is specified for PA other than that childcare is provided. I'll have to call and ask on Monday.  Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in MO and was summoned when LO was 7 weeks old.  I was able to get a 6 month postponement.  However, the judge said that they provided rooms and breaks to pump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"