March 2012 Moms

Totally checked out at work...

I am still technically working but I work from home 90% of the time and knowing I am having this baby within the next week, I just do not care about work - or even more - the work drama. The conference calls are the worst to try and stay focused! Plus if I am even one minute late to a call they all think I went into labor :/
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Totally checked out at work...

• Me too! This is rough. If I wasn't on CRAZY deadlines - 19 reports to issue, I probably would be entirely unproductive. My leave starts Friday, thank goodness.
  • Ditto. I have no energy, also I'm not sleeping well and my daughter is a human alarm clock. I know baby needs to cook but I wouldn't be horribly upset to go a little early this time around.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ehhh...I'm here, but I'm not worth much :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish I could! I have had problems with PTL since around 30 weeks but for some reason, my boss still thinks it's okay to leave me here alone as the only manager. It's really exhausting, especially considering the fact that all the other employees are useless. I need a break!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm useless at work.  They won't give me projects and I don't want to work anyway. I had so much free time yesterday that I addressed and mailed all of my thank you notes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't know it at the time, but yesterday was my last day. I went for my 36 week check up/ultrasound yesterday, and turns out my amniotic fluid level is pretty low. So, my doc put me on bed rest and told me no more work. I'm glad my accounts had already been distributed to others in my department!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I will work until I go into labor...and in the process I have been scaling my schedule down each week (I'm a psychologist, btw).  Now when someone tells me I should do something, I let them know I will get to it if I can but I could be outta here any day.  It's liberating...and after four years of high productivity and oversized caseload, I have earned the right to take it easy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I am not at all checked out and I wish I was. Almost 37 weeks and am going full speed. My mgr plans to assign multiple back-ups for various roles I fill. The one back-up that has been finalized is creating more work for me than completing due to inexperience. I hope I'm not alone in being anxious about coming back 12 weeks later to a giant mess!!
    TTC baby #2 since September 2013!

• Nola great idea!!

I keep telling my coworkers I am physically here but mentally elsewhere. I am just a body taking up space at work. I have already trianed my replacement and in the training process we got so much done that everything is ahead so there really is nothing to do. I go on leave next Friday and I am counting the days. Good luck to everyone.  

• Me too! I had an especially bad day today, so I left early.
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"