March 2012 Moms

anyone with no progress?

Went to the OB today and she said I have made no progress.  Baby still hasn't dropped and I'm only 1 cm at 38 weeks.  I guess I just expected something more at this appointment.  She said based on my progress I should definitely still have a week to go which is fine but just wondering if others are getting the same news at this point too.  Very interesting!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: anyone with no progress?

• Me (to my doctor's dismay, but whatever). Last time I was entirely closed ("long and hard") at 40w2d and my water broke at 40w4d. I guess my body just doesn't want to walk around half open for a week. It would rather just open when it's time to open.

Can I ask - are you tall? I have a theory that taller women don't "drop" until the last minute. I'm 5'9".

• At my 37 week appt I had not dilated at all and was only 50% effaced.  My OB also called that "no progress" and said it was very normal at that point.  I get rechecked tomorrow at my 39 week appt, so we'll see if that's changed at all.  *fingers crossed!*
    Happily married for 4 years. 1 loss @ 6 weeks (April 2011). Baby Girl #1 born 3/5/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • At 39 weeks I was only 1cm & 60% effaced. As nice as it may sound to be 3cm & 80%, it really doesn't mean anything so I don't really worry about it :] I am being induced on Friday though, so I hope what little I do have going on is a sign things will go well (my Dr. seems to think so), but who knows! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just a fun story...my mom went to her ob when she was 37 weeks pregnant with me. Hhe said, "see you next week, no progress."  And I was born the next day!  I guess you never know :)  Hang  in there!

• I really don't put too much stock in "progress."  My mother went around 4 weeks at 2cm with me.  On her way to be induced, her water broke and I was born 3 hours later.  With my brother, no progress at all and then the next day she had him.  You just never know.  People have been giving birth for thousands of years.  I'm sure Eve didn't have anyone checking her cervix :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejenmae3:

Me (to my doctor's dismay, but whatever). Last time I was entirely closed ("long and hard") at 40w2d and my water broke at 40w4d. I guess my body just doesn't want to walk around half open for a week. It would rather just open when it's time to open.

Can I ask - are you tall? I have a theory that taller women don't "drop" until the last minute. I'm 5'9".

Thats funny....I am tall!  5'10".....very interesting.  Never heard that one before!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my first pregnancy I went from no dilation and 30% effacement on Thursday to 3cm Saturday and delivered Monday morning. You NEVER can predict how your cervix will dilate based on those appts. Don't fret.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemelynn916:
    imagejenmae3:

Me (to my doctor's dismay, but whatever). Last time I was entirely closed ("long and hard") at 40w2d and my water broke at 40w4d. I guess my body just doesn't want to walk around half open for a week. It would rather just open when it's time to open.

Thats funny....I am tall!  5'10".....very interesting.  Never heard that one before!

Sorry to throw a wrench in your theory, but I'm 6' and I dropped a long time ago. I wish he would have waited a little longer because I would have liked a few more weeks without all this pelvic pain! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As far as I'm aware, my uterus/cervix are still locked up like Fort Knox. There was no progress at 33 weeks, no progress last week (36w3d), either. Then again, as someone else pointed out, I don't put a lot of stock in "showing progress" during pelvic exams pre-labor. Not that I have personal experience with that, mind you, being a first-time mother and all.

The only thing I've had is weird, 15-minute long contractions the last 24 hours or so, paired with a hardening/tightening of my whole abdomen when they occur. But then again, those could just be "warm-up labor" as my Lamaze instructor likes to call it. (We're apparently not supposed to call it "false labor," anymore, as that has a negative connotation. Confused )

Amanda D. in NC Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagewaltzingmatilda13:
    imagemelynn916:
    imagejenmae3:

Sorry to throw a wrench in your theory, but I'm 6' and I dropped a long time ago. I wish he would have waited a little longer because I would have liked a few more weeks without all this pelvic pain! 

Another bubble popper: I'm 6'1 and I feel like this kid is starting to drop - definitely getting the pelvic pain more and more.

With DD, I dropped about a month before she was born as well. At 39 wks no progress, at 40 wks 2 days I was dilated 1cm and my water broke the next day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am the same. The baby is still "way up there" and trust me, I am not looking forward to my next internal if it is the same on Thurs! Ouch. She said last week if I am the same this week, she'll schedule an induction for early next week (I am due next Wed). I still don't think I'll make it that long based on my history. FYI, I went from 1 cm to 10 cm in 2 hours with my first. Yep - OUCH!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This happened with me at 39 wks with my DD. I was scheduled for an induction the following week, but she came a few hours after my appt!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKCD053109:
    imagewaltzingmatilda13:
    imagemelynn916:
    imagejenmae3:

Another bubble popper: I'm 6'1 and I feel like this kid is starting to drop - definitely getting the pelvic pain more and more.

With DD, I dropped about a month before she was born as well. At 39 wks no progress, at 40 wks 2 days I was dilated 1cm and my water broke the next day.

Well that theory is out the window. Thanks for letting me know ladies!

• At 38 wks 5 days last Thursday absolutely No Progress...I've been doing some walking and will be going to my dr appt on Thursday at 39 wks 5 days....we will se then
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This thread makes me feel so much better!  Last friday I was 39 weeks and had no progress.  I am due this Friday so I am hoping for something, but its reassuring to hear from the ladies that didn't have progress and still had their babies soon after visiting the doc :)
  • I have no progress but I'm only 37 weeks. I just wanted to say that with DD1 I had spent several weeks at "a fingertip" dilated. When I went in for my normal appointment at 39 weeks I was so sad to hear "no progress, still just a fingertip"...and then a few hours later I was in labor.

• imagejenmae3:

I'm 5'9 and dropped at 31 weeks..

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• No progress here. But I'm also not quite 36 weeks, so if I was having progress, that would be a bit of a problem.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • just had my 38 week appt today  (one day early) and OB said I'm not doing anything down there.  When I mentioned that at Perinatology the previous week, baby was breech, she gave me another ultrasound to check b/c if baby is breech, she wanted to start scheduling my c-section.

Happily, baby has flipped herself head down again but still is not anywhere close to being "in position" for birth. 

• I feel better reading this.  At my 38 weeks appt. I was completely closed, but thinning at 50% effaced.  Today at my 39w appt, I am still completely closed but my OB said my cervix is pretty thin and 60% effaced. Her biggest concern is the fact that the baby is not engaged at all. This was her biggest concern with my DS and he was a c/s at 39w. I'm annoyed looking back on it, as I think I was slightly pressured into it. This time around, I'm going to a day shy of 41 weeks (when my repeat c/s is scheduled) and am doing EVERYTHING to get labor to begin on its own. I had my first acupuncture appt today and I have one on Friday, and the practitioner said she never has to do more than 2 appts!
  • 1 cm is progress.... I am thinning, baby is low but closed up, he has been low for weeks though so yea no progress here, I am not worried about it though, doesn't mean anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"