May 2012 Moms

Fiesty Girl is Back! *Adalyn Update 2/25*

Hello everyone!! Adalyn has had an AMAZING day today! Let's get started with the update!

Breathing
She is now completely off the antibiotics and her chest x-ray looked better today than yesterday.  This morning, her blood gas was great and her settings on the oscillating vent were very low.  Her heartrate was on the lower side of where she had been (although not dangerously low or anything) and so her MD ordered an EKG on her.  Before that, however, he had them change her from the oscillating vent to the conventional vent. So, yay! The EKG was completely normal, so he just had the nurses have her stay on her belly for a while and that seemed to do the trick.  It was kind of ridiculous seeing them try to put all the 12-leads of the EKG on her since she was so tiny.  Luckily, she had just enough room to get them all on there!

She was still oxygenating well when they switched her, and when I came to see her at 2pm her settings on the conventional vent were the lowest they've been in a while because of a great blood gas! I wasn't able to get here for her 5pm Hands On, so I called and spoke with her nurse around 6:30pm or so to see how her 5pm blood gas went. Evidently, Adalyn heard the nurse and the RT talk about how excellent her blood gas was because at 5:30pm she decided to pull the tube out herself! So, since the tube was out, they decided to try the CPAP mask on her. 

At 8pm they did another blood gas, and it was once again wonderful! So, yay! She gets to stay on the CPAP for now.  She has been oxygenating well on the CPAP.  Now, it is important to keep in mind that just because she is on the CPAP does not mean that she can't go back to the vent if her blood gas gets worse.  However, this is a victory because at least it is time NOT spent on the vent! :)

Since she doesn't have the tube down her throat, I actually was able to hear her cry tonight! Granted, it is NOT like a regular baby cry, more like a kitten meow, but it was her making noise! It was very nice hearing something OTHER than machines beeping in her room. :) 

Feeding and Weight
She is up to 19ml every 3 hours and she is tolerating her feedings very well.  She actually went down 20grams in weight today to 950grams from 970grams.  She is still 2 pounds 2 ounces.  They told us to not be surprised if she doesn't gain much and/or loses some, since that now she has to do all the breathing, she is going to be using more energy.  My pumping is still going strong, and today I logged 38 ounces! I am so fortunate to have so much, and I'm just going to keep pumping as long as I can!

Miscellaneous
They had to change Adalyn's bedding and the nurse had me hold her! It was the first time that I got to hold her!! The RT also said that they could take the mask off for a moment so that we could take a picture of her whole face! It was so incredibly awesome!! Today has definitely been a good day!  Let's hope that she continues on this path and that we have several good days in a row!! 
IMG_9463
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Fiesty Girl is Back! *Adalyn Update 2/25*

• Oh my gosh! She is doing great! And she looks like she is getting so chubby! I just love her little cheeks!

T&P's for continued success! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So glad you got to hold your beautiful daughter, what a triumph!

E xo

• Loading the player...
  • Oh she is so sweet! Congrats on the great news and being able to finally hold your baby! She looks like she is filling out! Yea! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • YAY for such great news!! Glad you got to hold her. Her little cheeks are cute, you can tell they are getting bigger :) 
  • Such wonderful news!  So glad to hear that you were able to hold her, how incredible! 
    IMG_9116 IMG_9361 IMG_9247
  • Thrilled to hear she had a great day! Let's have another one Adalyn!!
    Julie... Mommy to a beautiful baby girl & 2 handsome boys!! image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeay Adalyn!!!  It must have felt so good to be able to hold her!  Here's to another great day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay! Love that sweet face! Thinking of y'all! Thanks for updating us!
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Getting to hold your baby must be the most wonderful feeling in the world.  So happy everything is going great today!! Keep it up, Adalyn!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So glad she is doing better - I got a little teary eyed about you being able to hold her for the first time :-). Praying that she continues to do well!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Love love love this update. Keep up the good work, Adalyn! It must have been amazing to hold her!
  • thats amazing you were able to hold her :). she looks adorable. heres to more progressive days. no more back steps
  • Yay that's great to hear! And congrats on being able to hold her... that must have been such an amazing feeling!
  • Ahhhhh I'm so happy to hear your good news!  And you got to HOLD her =D =D  The look on her face says "its been tough - but I"m still fighting!!"  So precious.  Let her know that a ton of random women are sending her lots of love <3 haha.

My prayers will continue to be with you!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wonderful!  So glad!  What a little fighter you have!
  • She is such a little fighter! Sending positive thoughts her way!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Hoorays all around!

• Wonderful news - and she's absolutely beautiful! :)
  • What a great day!!   Way to go Adalyn!  She is absolutely beautiful...I'm so glad you got to hold her finally.  Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your precious daughter!
    imageimage BabyFruit Ticker For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11
  • Awwwwwwww!!!  So awesome!!!  Teary eyed reading this!!!  Beautiful little Adalyn!!!  I just knew she had it in her to fight back!!  She is no quitter!!  So happy to read the good news!!!  I bet holding her for the first time was amazing!!  Love those little cheeks!!  As always y'all cont to be in my thoughts and prayers!  Can't wait to get the next update!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Yay! That's wonderful news! I'm so proud of Adalyn. I'll keep hoping and praying that her good streak continues.

Congrats on getting to hold her. How amazing! And what a beautiful face, you must be one proud momma!

• That is amazing news!  I'm so glad you finally got to hold your little girl!  Praying that she stays strong and healthy!

Riley is going to be a big brother to a little sister due April 19th!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • wonderful news! she is beautiful :)
    photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay! 

Continued thoughts of you and your little family!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You got to hold her!!!! Awesome!!!! I pray for her continued success! She looks wonderful!
    --Danielle :-)
  • I'm so happy you finally got to hold her! I'll keep hoping for continued success. It's fantastic that she's tube-free for breathing. Feisty Girl is back! :)
  • She's so beautiful! I'm glad she's doing well and so happy you got to hold her!
    married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • What wonderful progress!  So happy you got to hold her!  Continued prayers for your feisty little girl! 
    image"">photo 5aa70bd1-35a2-4fdc-86d5-7d5bb7b5c3a1.jpg

• OMG she looks amazing!  Gained some chub from the first pic you posted, you can see it in her cheeks and double chin.  Big Smile  That's awesome that you finally got to hold her!
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Such good news!  I've been lurking reading your posts, but I'm really rooting for her.  So glad she's doing so well!  Keep the updates coming, I love them.  I hope you/she have many more days as positive as today was. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So glad that you got to hold her!  Yay Adalyn
    Team Blue! BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm a little late to the game (sorry!) but still wanted to say whoopee!!!!

What an amazing update!  You deserve it!  I'm so happy for you that you got to hold her.  Continued thoughts and prayers that she gets better and stronger everyday. 

• This post brought me to tears. She must have felt like heaven in your arms! You and your H are amazing people. Adalyn is just beautiful. Your pictures MAKE my day! I hope you both realize what very special parents you are. <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"