Baby Names
Options

Morgan

My husband loves this name for a Boy.  I know that it orig was a boy's name but has been used for quite a few girls.  My fear is that children and people today will associate it more with girls than boys and my son will be picked on.  What do you all think of Morgan as a Boys name?

Re: Morgan

• Options
    too girly.  I only know girls with this name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My H and I prefer it for a boy as well. I don't think it is too girly... it began as a boy's name and is now unisex and acceptable for either sex. Kids will tease no matter what... I wouldn't worry about him being teased for having a girl's name these days.. so many names are unisex now it really is not a relevant concern IMO.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I love this name for a boy!!!  I don't think you need to worry about him being picked on, it is a unisex name. Think of the Kellys, Terrys, Caseys, Robins, and Shannons of our generation I don't think any of them were tormented for having unisex names.

Full disclosure, one of my sons is named Francis so obviously we aren't concerned. :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry, I consider it firmly in team pink and would side eye boy usage at this point.  It was #63 for girls in 2010 and #518 for boys.  The only young Morgans I know are girls.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've never met a female Morgan, but I know tons of boys/men named Morgan. I think it is an awesome male name, and one that I've just never understood on girls. It doesn't sound remotely feminine to me at all. I love it for a boy. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

imagemlf625:
    Sorry, I consider it firmly in team pink and would side eye boy usage at this point.  It was #63 for girls in 2010 and #518 for boys.  The only young Morgans I know are girls.

All of this. It is a unisex name, but it is primarily being used for girls now.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Girls name don't set him up to be bullied.
  • Options
  • Options
    It's unisex to me, although I do think of a girl first when I hear the name.  I don't care for the name for either sex though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love Morgan as a boys' name, and would be so thrilled to meet a little boy named Morgan. If DH liked it, I would be all over it for a boy.

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I like Morgan more for a boy than a girl.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"