1st Trimester

How early can pregnancy fatigue start?

Is it possible to experience it the first week after conception? Last week was my "fertile" week & I have been truly, uncharacteristically exhausted the past 3 days. Wondering if others have felt this way so early. I guess I'll know when I test in a few weeks.

Thanks.

Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...

Re: How early can pregnancy fatigue start?

• I think early.  I know my period was a week late before i took a test and before that I was extremely exhausted and not myself
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I felt the worst during my first trimester. I felt exhausted, irritable, and achey before I even got my BFP. I definitely think it is possible. Hang in there and take care of yourself! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know if i felt anymore tired than usual, but i definitely knew something was up when my pants got unusually tight only a few days after I supposedly ovulated.  Sure enough, BFP the day I was scheduled to start my period.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If you just ovulated last week, a fertlized egg may not have even implanted yet. Fatigue is a normal symptom of this time in a woman's cycle--PG or not. It is the progesterone. If you do indeed become PG, progesterone increases which very much can cause fatigue.The fatigue of the 1st tri often lifts in the 2nd trimester to come back in the 3rd tri because everything just exerts that much more energy to do. But, at this point, I wouldn't read anything into fatigue. It is normal of both PMS and early PG.

• With my DS, it was my first pregnancy symptom at 9 DPO (the day before my BFP and eight days before AF was due) and it lasted pretty much throughout 1st tri. With this pregnancy it's just starting now at 5 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This time, mine started the week of conception.  I was wiped out!
    DD born 1/28/99 Second BFP 7/23/11 due 4/1/2012 miscarriage 9/2/2011 DNC 9/4/2011 BFP 2/3/2012 due 10/19/2012 mmc discovered 3/30/2012- d&c 4/3/2012 loss was around 9 weeks. Going through rpl testing. Dr. Suspects some type of blood clothing disorder. Current dx- endometrosis stage II and possible PCOS.
  • I don't remember exactly how early it set in for me, but it was before I knew I was expecting.  I got my BFP 4 days after I was supposed to start my period, and I had already been exhausted for what seemed like a couple weeks.  Other than the exhaustion, the only other "symptom" I had was horrible gas. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"