December 2011 Moms

How do you find the time

to exercise?? I have been trying to do P90X and its taken me 2 hours to get 20 mins of it done bc I have to keep pausing it.

Lately Ana just wants to be held all the time. I put her down and she cries her little eye balls out. Even if she is asleep in my arms and I put her down she seems to immediately wake up.

When my mama was here, she would just hold her but now she is back in NY and its hard - I guess I didnt realize how much my ma held her. And of course her swing broke so I cant use that now...

Ugh. I feel like I am never going to get to my pre-preg weight again...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: How do you find the time

• basically, I don't.  I need to be better about it
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• imageMrsT2008:
    basically, I don't.  I need to be better about it

This!  Before I went back to work I would literally have to put C in the car and drive around to get him to sleep good so I could then put him down to go workout!  Now that I am back to work I have no time.  I need to go to bed earlier and get up earlier!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsT2008:
    This. I tried and failed miserably.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Normally I'm the strictest of gym rat about getting to the gym - since September, nada...  Since baby I've gotten to go to the gym once... 

Just remember, it will get better "Nine months to put the weight on, nine months or more to take it off"...  We'll all be back to the gym on a normal routine before we know it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsT2008:

This. The most I've done lately are some crunches on the floor next to him while he's doing tummy time.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • I joined a program called stroller strides. It's an hour a day 4x/week. It's power walking plus cardio and strengthening exercises (abs, squats, etc.). It usually works out unless LO is fussy and I have to stop to console him. 
  • imageMrsT2008:

Yup. Me too. 

• I don't find the time either.  I feel horrible too and I really really want to start exercising again.  I am at a standstill with my weight loss.  My husband says stuff like "just put her down and do it."  Wow, he really doesn't get it. 
  • i get up at 430 to go run 3 days a week and then run saturdays when i get up. i also swim before i teach 2 nights a week. running is the only thing that is "me" time, so that's a priority for me.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • I put him in the swing and let him either watch me on the treadmill or weight until he falls asleep and then I get on and get at least 30 minutes in.
  • Thankfully E cooperates and I can put him in the bouncy seat in front of the treadmill and run for a good 45min.  I also try to do my ab workout right after running or during his tummy time.  It works for us, but I'd like to try to do it another day or two a week - right now I'm lucky to workout three days a week.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My biggest issue is not knowing when the heck I'm going to do it when I go back to work. Right now, I could probably squeeze it in during a nap (although I don't) but I'm not sure when the heck I'm going to do it when I go back in 5 weeks. I don't want to give up the little bit of evening time I'll have with LO and DH, and I'm working longer days, so that I only have to work 4 days per week, so I'll have to get up at the crack of dawn if I want to try to do it before work.

Who the heck knows...

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• When she's in a good enough mood I put her in her swing, or if she's asleep I try to lift some weights. I usually don't get too long though. I also do the plank next to her while she does tummy time, haha.

• I take him in the jogging stroller, get up an hour before he does to work out a home, or go to the gym when dh gets home and on weekends.
  • Get a sling (or something else you find comfortable) and wear the baby while you exercise. It's low impact but you can walk (even power walk), do squats, lunges etc. The only thing you really can't do is crazy cardio or any crunches etc. The baby adds extra weight and therefore extra calorie burn and usually the motion puts them to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just make it a priority, if a needs to work out it comes before some housework it does.  To me setting the example of healthy habits like working out is very important.  If I can't get it in during the day I wait until DH comes home and he is on duty while I do my thing. 

I have found that I am a much better mother when I take time, even if it's just 30 minutes, to do something for myself.

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"