1st Trimester
Options

Anything you can do for diarrhea during pregnancy? (TMI)

Sorry for the TMI, but I think the cramping this morning was due to diarrhea. Anything you can for diarrhea during pregnancy - change of diet, take Imodium, etc.?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anything you can do for diarrhea during pregnancy? (TMI)

• Options

I've had it a few times and I've read that you can take immodium for it during pregnancy. I haven't confirmed with my doc, but I have taken it since I've been pregnant. I think mines from the extra DHA and veggie prenatals I'm taking.

Good luck, I hope you feel better. 

Pregnancy Ticker image image boots badge
  • Options
    Give it a few days you'll be constipated in no time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had it bad because I was on metformin, Immodium was OK'd by my doctor. I was also told to use the BRAT diet for a few days to let my stomach settle. Bananas, Rice, Apple sauce and Toast. Peppermint tea also works for the cramps, and GasX is approved by my doctor as well.

Just dont use Pepto! :)

• Options
    Mine is horrible Im wondering if Im getting a stomach bug cause Ive had it none stop since saturday! I dont ever remember getting it with DD and Im taking the same prenatals
  • Options
    Imodium is on my medicine ok list from my doctor. Just call your doctor and ask and make sure its oked by them.

Married 6/18/2009

TTC since 10/2010-BFP 12/23/2011

Baby 2.0 BFP 10/16/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OP, don't forget to drink a lot of water to help with dehydration though!
  • Options

God Bless you if you have a stomach bug during your pregnancy!  However, if it's just a product of your pregnancy, like a lot of pregnancy symptoms almost any wierd thing when you're expecting is 'normal'.  According to my doctor some women have diarrhea during pregnancy rather than constipation - it's just due to some kind of chemical in your body being higher than usual.  I had diarrhea (not severe)  throughout my first pregnancy and I have it again with this one.

I know there are a lot of negatives with constipation as well, so I just try and deal with the cramps and running to the bathroom in stride.  I haven't had it severe enough to see if I could take immodium, but sometimes Tums is calming to my stomach.  I also will try drinking green tea in the evenings.  Avoiding milk on days where it is bad seems to help too.  Good luck!

• Options
    I've had it off and on since my BFP but I haven't taken anything for it yet.  Usually its just once or twice a day so I feel like thats better than being constipated??  LOL its just all bad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"