Cloth Diapering

onto day 3 of cd'ing

and so far so good! only one leak, and that was because i didn't change DS' diaper as soon as he woke up. still getting used to the "fluffy butts", we need to go up a size for them in clothes, especially with the pf/cover combo..but no big deal cuz they're getting out of the current size now. 
we do have an issue though with spraying poop -- we have a diaper sprayer, and obviously not a very deep toilet... the water/poop sprays EVERYWHERE when doing it. anyone else have this issue?? we need to do something else. we have a deep sink downstairs next to the washer, but i dont think it's very good to wash the poop off in the sink & down the drain??
so far my my SO & mom are liking cd'ing too, except the diaper sprayer/toilet situation. i've left them in charge a few times since starting & they've handled it quite well... 
we are doing pf's covers during the day - and pockets with a hemp insert & mf insert at night. hope it stays as easy as it seems. 

Thanks for all your help ladies :)

Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn

Re: onto day 3 of cd'ing

• DD's poop is easy cuz it's ploppable. But DS' poop isn't, it's still very pastey & sticky....so spraying seems to get it off better. 

i was wondering if there was such a product out there - thank you, i'll search around this afternoon while kids are napping.
    Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn
  • I rinse our poopy diapers in the utility sink next to the washer (the washer drains into it anyway) with an old vegetable brush to scrape the bits off.  I'm pretty sure a toilet and the utility sink drain to the same place, at least in our old house they do.

Also the utility sink it two sided so I'm able to keep the other side clean for other things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"