April 2012 Moms

Moms w/headaches come in

So I've been getting headaches (or have had one) for the last week now. Every day. I talked to the nurse again today and she wants me to come in for labs and to get my blood pressure checked. They're concerned that I may be developing pre-e.

My question is: have any of you had headaches everyday and NOT had pre-e?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Moms w/headaches come in

• I get them frequently, but they were a problem for me pre-pregnancy as well. The only thing that helps me right now is a little caffeine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have caffeine every day-at least one can of Mountain Dew in the morning (sometimes a 20oz bottle instead of a can).

• Loading the player...
  • I have. They have determined though that mine are due to tension so I go to Physical Therapy 2x/week. I'm crossing my fingers for you that it isn't Pre-e! GL!

• imageHappyFeet07:

I have. They have determined though that mine are due to tension so I go to Physical Therapy 2x/week. I'm crossing my fingers for you that it isn't Pre-e! GL!

Thanks. :) I even saw the chiropractor yesterday with no relief. In fact, I woke up in the MOTN with a migraine....on the left side of my head, which is unusual for me. I used to get menstrual migraines but those were only ever on the right. Today's headache is on the right again.

• I have constant headaches, it's horrible. I have to take tylenol daily and I was given a stronger pain medication for when the tylenol doesn't cut it. t don't have any signs of pre-e, so far. I'm actually seeing a neurologist today at 2pm because my OB feels that my level of headaches is abnormal for this point in pregnancy. I'll let you know how it goes! 
  • I get headaches almost everyday. My doctor told me to take extra strength tylenol and have a small amount of caffeine every day and it helps a lot with my headaches.
  • I don't get headaches everyday but I do get them frequently, this was also an issue pre-preg for me. Mine are mostly sinus related and the pressure can be unbearable at times. I use the netti pot a lot to help and I also will take tylenol and drink caffeine. I hope you feel better, headaches really suck.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Headaches do really suck, especially while having to deal with a toddler! I haven't really had any other signs of pre-e. I've had a little bit of swelling, but I'm still wearing my wedding rings (which at this point in my last pg I wasn't) and only really swell if I spend too much time sitting. I did, however, gain 4lbs last week, so who knows.

I guess I'm not overly concerned, but I like the fact that they want me to come in and get checked out. I know MH is probably freaking out a little (he's a nursing student...and a bit paranoid) but he just cares about us so much he wants to make sure we're safe, too.

• Saw neurologist... said I am suffering from chronic persistent migraines and there's not much I can do but wait until I'm no longer pregnant. Going to be a long 9 weeks. 
  • have they checked your iron levels too? I know that can cause headaches as well. I suffer from migraines even before getting pregnant. I have had times where I have woken up with a headache every day. If you don't typically suffer from headaches then there could be other issues including problems with blood pressure. Have you had any sinus issues or been under extreme stress? I agree with the ladies above take someextra strength tylenol, some caffeine, and an ice pack on the head should help some. Hope you feel better and that they figure out the cause!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"