2nd Trimester

What did you drink before your BIG ultrasound?

My BIG ultrasound is tomorrow and I was wondering what is good to drink or eat before hand to make sure the baby is moving around so we can see the goods? :)

Re: What did you drink before your BIG ultrasound?

• I had orange juice. But my doctor said anything that has sugar in it should make them move more. That's what she's told me to drink if I don't feel her for a little bit and get worried.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a lot of people say to drink caffeine but I was told that will make them move around TOO much and you wont get good pictures...

I ate a granola bar on my way to the appointment, just enough food to give him energy to be moving around, but not too much energy to where he was a crazy jumping bean in there...

GL tomorrow! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I only drank water and my little guy was moving like crazy in there. The tech had an awful time trying to get the pictures she needed. I felt so bad! 

married my best friend August 6, 2010
  • imageLaur156:

I only drank water and my little guy was moving like crazy in there. The tech had an awful time trying to get the pictures she needed. I felt so bad! 

THIS. My little one was squirming like crazy, the tech was really frustrated. We also didn't find out the gender at that appointment like we had hoped :/

We had to go back for another a/s 2 weeks later.

----------
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
  • I went hungry and drank chocolate milk. He was moving a lot, but not too much. It was perfect!
  • I had my one cup of coffee for the day and some yogurt. He was moving around nicely and was totally showing off his goods.
  • A big glass of orange juice on the way and a gogurt...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm going on Friday morning.  The only thing the office asked me to have waswater, but I can eat breakfast as I normally would.  My MIL suggested bringing a few pieces of candy and said it will get the baby moving within a few minutes.
  • My doc just said to drink any clear liquids (pop, water, juice).  If the baby is moving too much, they have a hard time getting the right shots.  I've always just done water and gotten all of the necessary pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had 2 frozen waffles with fruit and a little orange juice.  I drank 1/2 a coke in the waiting room.  I felt weird drinking soda, but it worked!! Our little girl was moving up a storm and we got some awesome u/s pics!
    Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had Raspberry Lemonade and a yogurt. It did the trick!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My 1st pregnancy I had a ton of ultrasounds and NST (high risk with MHFTR). The nurses would always give me apple juice to get him moving (it was always morning and he was always less active).
  • Seeing the goods isn't the point of your a/s. You want your baby to be calm so they can get accurate measrements. They have tricks to get the baby to move if needed. No need to do anything out of the ordinary.
  • I ate a McDonalds breakfast sandwich and had a big bunch of water.. Jax kept hiding his face but had no modesty when it came to showing his baby goods. lol. It was like when she moved the ultrasound wand thing where she could see he threw his little legs right up!
  • Although it wasn't intentional my husband and I had some time to kill before our appointment.  We went to Friendly's.  I ate a Forbidden Fudge Brownie Sundae.  The tech asked if I had eaten recently.  Hmmm, yep!  The baby moved a lot but we got some awesome pictures.  The tech wasn't frustrated either.  It may have taken a few minutes longer but other than that it was fine.  She gave us 24 pictures! 

I hear most people drink OJ or water.  My doctor never mentioned anything either way.

• imageLaur156:

I only drank water and my little guy was moving like crazy in there. The tech had an awful time trying to get the pictures she needed. I felt so bad! 

Same here! I have an active little guy in there though so wasn't worried about him not moving around!  The tech had a hard time getting the heart picture because he wouldn't stop moving...I don't want to know what it would have been like if I drank OJ or ate chocolate etc...haha 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"