Baby Showers

What are ideal times for a shower?

We are doing a sprinkle for a friend and I was trying to figure out timing and how much food to have at each time..

If we started it at 10 or 11 we could do like a light brunch with coffee, memosas, fruit kebobs, mini quiches, pastries and cupcakes for dessert.

If we started at 12 or 1 its more around lunch time and I feel like we could do a couple salads, quiches, fruit, and chicken salad sandwiches on mini crossaints. Cupcakes too..

2 or 3.. we could have sparkling cider, champagne, tea and coffee, a dessert bar, and cupcakes..

What would you do and what do you feel is most appropriate?  

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are ideal times for a shower?

• My sister (hostess) and I just discussed this yesterday.  I thought a decent start time is 1 or 2 if it's on the weekend as it allows people to still have morning family time and then gets done early enough for other to still do stuff in the evening.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It will be on a Saturday : ) Would it be inappropriate to ask Mama to be what time and menu she would prefer?
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, as the MTB what she would like! :)

My take:

I like an 11am start the best because that means you'll be done by 1 or 2.  Then I have the rest of my day.

A 1 or 2 start might be fine too - but we're starting to butt up to an end of 3 or 4 or even 5, which starts getting close to dinner time/ evening plans.  I went to a shower that started at 3 once and they served basically a full meal, and we weren't out of there until 6.  It was kind of annoying, to be honest.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I just finished throwing a shower this weekend where the time was 11:00. Since I was making a lot of the food myself, I kept cursing the time and wished I had an extra half hour (I did prep ahead, but not enough, and still barely made it getting up at 7:00)

OTOH, it was so nice to be done by 1:00 and have the rest of the day to do my own thing/nap.

So in hindsight...11:30?

• I think starting between 11 and 1 is good, anything later and it feels like your Saturday is gone once you get out of there.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• I think maybe starting at 11 or 12 and doing a brunch type thing. Thanks ladies!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"