March 2012 Moms

Feb. leap year baby!

So I've had 2 trips to L&D, one for high BP and swelling, and just last night for terrible pains in my upper stomach. Needless to say I have had one hell of a time with this pregnacy and my doctor has not dealt with someone that has been sick THE WHOLE TIME. (matter of fact threw up 5 times Saturday Sad Well after last night she wants to induce me on Feb 29th. They called this morning and said either the 29th or March 1st. I gave DH the option to choose and he thought it would be nice to have a leap year baby so there it is. If little man does not make an appearance soon, we will be heading to L&D Feb 29th at 6:30 a.m
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Feb. leap year baby!

• What a cool birthday!  I was born on March 1 during a leap year, and I only missed it by about 2 hours :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope you feel better! Did they find out why your BP was high? I have had high BP but no pre-e, I had to go today for an echo  to see if the pregnancy is causing swelling on my heart. hope u feel better
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How fun! DH is hoping for a leap day baby!
  • We are all having leap year babies, you are having a leap day baby.  Stick out tongue

Personally, I would have opted for March 1st.  I think it would be sad to not have a real birthday every year and to have to deal with everyone thinking they are sooooo clever and saying "You are only 4!" when you are really 16.  I know that other Feb/March mommas are hoping for Feb 29th, so to each her own!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemanda1129:
    Hope you feel better! Did they find out why your BP was high? I have had high BP but no pre-e, I had to go today for an echo  to see if the pregnancy is causing swelling on my heart. hope u feel better

Thanks, and yes DH thinks having a leap year birthday is very unique! As far as the high BP they are not sure why because I don't have pre-e either. But everytime I've gone in it's been elevated. It eventually goes down after they monitor it but still no reasoning behind it. I hope you hear good news from your echo, GL!

• imagespeckledfrog:

We are all having leap year babies, you are having a leap day baby.  Stick out tongue

Personally, I would have opted for March 1st.  I think it would be sad to not have a real birthday every year and to have to deal with everyone thinking they are sooooo clever and saying "You are only 4!" when you are really 16.  I know that other Feb/March mommas are hoping for Feb 29th, so to each her own!

I noticed that some people dont want to have a leap year baby, but yes to each it's own. As long as I have a healthy child I really don't mind when he arrives Wink

• I really want a leap day baby, though I won't be sad if he comes sooner. I have wondered if I would schedule delivery on the 29th if I was able to make the decision, and I'm still not sure even though I think it would be really cool.
  • I sort of wanted my little man to be born on Feb. 29th (I'm due March 3rd) because DD was a New Years Baby so we'd have a New Years Baby and a Leap Day Baby but honestly, I'm ready like NOW.  At this point, if he drops any lower he'll be in my socks!

:) 

• I'm being induced on Feb 29th as well! Exciting right?! I hope all goes well for you and your LO.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagekccq9:

I'm being induced on Feb 29th as well! Exciting right?! I hope all goes well for you and your LO.

Congrats! Thanks you too Big Smile

• Im being induced also! My original due date is March 11th but because of my complications Feb 29th is the day!  I had the choice to choose march 1st as well, however I hate that doctor that is on call that day.  So me and hubby decided for a Leap Year Baby! 

imagekccq9:

I'm being induced on Feb 29th as well! Exciting right?! I hope all goes well for you and your LO.

• My doctor scheduled my "elective" c-section for Feb. 29th; it's the day he is in surgery closest to one week before my due date. At first, thinking I would be having a vaginal delivery, I joked that it would be fun to have a Leap Day baby and we could save money by only celebrating every four years. Then, when it turned out that a c-section would be the most logical way to go in my situation and the doctor scheduled it, I panicked. My husband, who hasn't been overly excited about much of anything during this pregnancy (my first, his fourth) was absolutely thrilled with a "special" birth date. So it's grown on me. I just feel as though because it's "scheduled" per se, it's not as special as if I had gone into labor that day. I feel like (even though I didn't) my daughter might hate it and think I personally requested that date!

Also, I read this:  https://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1216/when-do-leap-day-babies-celebrate-their-birthdays

Kind of gave me reassurance.

• Good luck!  I've thought about what I would choose if I was given the choice of induction or scheduled c-section on either the 29th or the 1st, and I couldn't tell you which I'd decide on.  I think it's pretty neat to be born on a leap day, tho!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"