2nd Trimester

Still hiding my pregnancy...

I'm going onto 15 weeks but starting to show.  I know all the tricks.  I got some skinny legs so wear jeggings, leggings and fitted jeans with a nice VS push up padded bra and tunic tops.  the result of my exaggerated bust, is anything baggy you wear sorta looks drapey over your emerging belly. And layers!  Long tunic tops with cropped tops over them.  I wear a lot of VS loungewear/ yogawear. 

The other day a co-worker was walking around anouncing she was 6wks pregnant.  I congratulated her and thought wickedly to myself, "ME FIRST!!!"  I'll be stealing her thunder when I finally do announce it.  Hehehe!  Not that I want to.  I really like not talking about pregnancy related stuff or answering questions.  Truth is nobody really wants to hear it unless they're pregnant, too (which is why I'm here).  My experience is most people are just being polite or nosey once they know and some even act like you were raped by an alien around you.  Yeah, I've experienced pregnancy discrimination from women peers and co-workers in the past!  I don't look forward to people looking at my belly secretly judging how I'm coming along or not.  I'm hoping to hold out another two weeks at least... I'm really starting to show.  Anyway, for any of you hiders out there, how are you faring?  Are you dying to tell people or like me, rather enjoying the secrecy of it all.  I almost want to lie to everyone and say, "I didn't know I was pregnant!"  Just to see their expressions.  I know my gig is almost up.

CafeMom Tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Still hiding my pregnancy...

• I can't hide it. I'm so small & my belly is just out there. I wanted to hide it until now, but it wasn't an option. My SD is over this weekend and she came up to me to give me a hug. She put her hand on my belly and said "baby?". Yup. She was excited. I even have aquaintances asking me when I'm due now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm still hiding my pregnancy for work. I'm hoping to last 3 more weeks. I have my own office so i hardly see people and do what i can to limit my interractions. I would love to show off the bump...but the main reason is i don't want to be discriminated because i will be going on mat leave in a few months.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's very likely I'll be getting laid off, so I'm not too worried of that kind of discrimination, but what if I wanted to find a new job!  That's a whole other can of worms.  If you stay silent they hire you and then they hate you when they find out!  Yikes!  I'm trying not to worry about $$, and sorta looking forward to lay off time with my baby.  Hoping this lay off is farther down the road than what we think. 
  • I've been hiding it from work still. But I'm lucky enough that I'm not showing yet. I'm usually cold at work though, so I'll be able to cover up in jackets for awhile when I do start to pop

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageARIES326:

I'm going onto 15 weeks but starting to show.  I know all the tricks.  I got some skinny legs so wear jeggings, leggings and fitted jeans with a nice VS push up padded bra and tunic tops.  the result of my exaggerated bust, is anything baggy you wear sorta looks drapey over your emerging belly. And layers!  Long tunic tops with cropped tops over them.  I wear a lot of VS loungewear/ yogawear. 

The other day a co-worker was walking around anouncing she was 6wks pregnant.  I congratulated her and thought wickedly to myself, "ME FIRST!!!"  I'll be stealing her thunder when I finally do announce it.  Hehehe!  Not that I want to.  I really like not talking about pregnancy related stuff or answering questions.  Truth is nobody really wants to hear it unless they're pregnant, too (which is why I'm here).  My experience is most people are just being polite or nosey once they know and some even act like you were raped by an alien around you.  Yeah, I've experienced pregnancy discrimination from women peers and co-workers in the past!  I don't look forward to people looking at my belly secretly judging how I'm coming along or not.  I'm hoping to hold out another two weeks at least... I'm really starting to show.  Anyway, for any of you hiders out there, how are you faring?  Are you dying to tell people or like me, rather enjoying the secrecy of it all.  I almost want to lie to everyone and say, "I didn't know I was pregnant!"  Just to see their expressions.  I know my gig is almost up.

how...how old are you? 

• imagegenkidesu:
    imageARIES326:

how...how old are you? 

HAHA this ....

• I didn't tell my coworkers about my first until 17 weeks.  It was easy to hide with scrubs.  This time I'm a SAHM and have no co-workers, but I'm much bigger thanks to loose abs.  It was pretty obvious by 12 weeks.

• how...how old are you? 

I'm probably older than you.  I mainly want to make sure this baby is okay before revealing myself.  I had a loss previously and if it happens again, it would save me a lot of grief and pity.  Yeah, I'm enjoying keeping my secret.  No need to  *hit on my parade.  I don't exactly see pregnancy as something to brag about or hype up.  For me it's more of a personal happiness. Everyone is different. 

• imageARIES326:

how...how old are you? 

I'm 33.  I just want to make sure this baby is okay before revealing myself.  I had a loss previously and if it happens again, it would save me the hassle of having to explain myself.

it was more the way you wrote your OP...

"ME FIRST!"

"i'll be stealing her thunder when i finally do announce it"

"some even act like you were raped by an alien"

"i almost want to lie to everyone and say, 'i didn't know i was pregnant!' just to see their expressions"

things like that... 

• imagegenkidesu:
    imageARIES326:

how...how old are you? 

I'm 33.  I just want to make sure this baby is okay before revealing myself.  I had a loss previously and if it happens again, it would save me the hassle of having to explain myself.

"ME FIRST!"

"i almost want to lie to everyone and say, 'i didn't know i was pregnant!' just to see their expressions"

things like that... 

yes, sometimes it just isn't all about you ~ and this appears to be what you are trying to achieve looking for those "WOW really you are so small" comments ~ barf.

• imagegenkidesu:
    imageARIES326:

how...how old are you? 

"ME FIRST!"

things like that... 

This is mostly what I read...Confused

• I am in week 18 now and still hiding my pregnancy at work. I don't have much to hide though. I am slim, but with a long torso, so I am not showing much at all. and I am also doing the legging/tunic thing as well.

I am afraid to tell my boss because I started my job about the same time I became pregnant, and my first 3 months were on a trial basis. I am transitioning to "permanent" status in the next few weeks.

The downside to hiding it for so long is that when I finally do come out with the news-- it will be like, what, you are half way done? 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• I told at 18 weeks bc I knew it was a matter of days that people would side eye me for what they would assume was eating too many twinkies. Plus, I wanted my boss to know before all of my staff.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm still hiding it. Only immediate family knows. I am getting a little too big to hide it anymore. I haven't been to any events where mine and DH's friends are. I missed a Super Bowl party and next Sunday I will miss a christening. I don't know when I will be ready to tell. I am extremely private and don't like sharing my personal business. We will probably tell after our big ultrasound next Friday. 
    Photobucket
    Husband and I are both carriers of Delta F508, one of the many mutations that cause Cystic Fibrosis. We pray for a cure.
    D-IUI #1 September 2011 ~ BFN D-IUI #2 October 2011 ~ BFP!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, ya know. Maybe you only need one person." Kermit the Frog
  • I came out at work at 15 weeks (right after my dr appt) I was hiding it pretty well i guess no one knew, but then again big ole sweatshirts help! ;)

But when I would take the sweatshirt off umm my big boobs looked HUGE and my belly was getting harder to hide (I had a belly before so I knew how to hide it)

I think its perfectly fine and respectable to not say anything until you are ready. As someone who had a m/c I get annoyed/angry  (and a bit jealous)at the women who announce at work/facebook they are KU at 6 weeks/8 weeks. 

It hurts me a bit to think they are so confident it will all work out- even my 1st time (m/c) I knew what could happen.  And this tme I was SUPER scared to even tell family till 11 weeks! 

• imageRinny22:
    imagegenkidesu:
    imageARIES326:

how...how old are you? 

"ME FIRST!"

things like that... 

This is mostly what I read...Confused

Wait! You forgot the part about how she's " got some skinny legs" Confused

• I hid it until about 3 or so weeks ago when I came back to school from winter break - I told a few people because I knew I'd be spending a ton of time with them and they'd notice. Word spread very slowly after - in fact, there are still people who are finding out now, but I'm clearly showing at this point so there's definitely no sense in hiding it anymore. I have an issue with feeling really awkward when receiving a lot of attention and it's not a topic that could easily be inserted into a conversation, so unless I'm close to someone I don't feel comfortable just randomly bringing it up. If people ask, I tell them the truth. If they don't (and I can see them staring and wondering) I just think that they'll figure it out eventually when I'm even further along and definitely look like I'm not just gaining weight.
  • I personally feel like who cares how old she is, its her post and she can write it however she wants. Some people I swear! She was asking for stories about ladies who are still hiding their pregnancies not anyones smart remarks. Remember we are all pregnant women, lets try and be happy for one another. Oh and if age is something so worth knowing about I'm 23 married to the love of my life with a beautiful baby girl were naming Brielle on the way. 
  • I did not announce mine until I was 19 weeks. Everyone was SHOCKED. I just didn't feel like going around and sharing the news before that :) 
  • imagexonicole019:
    I personally feel like who cares how old she is, its her post and she can write it however she wants. Some people I swear! She was asking for stories about ladies who are still hiding their pregnancies not anyones smart remarks. Remember we are all pregnant women, lets try and be happy for one another. Oh and if age is something so worth knowing about I'm 23 married to the love of my life with a beautiful baby girl were naming Brielle on the way. 

****Exactly This****

Why do women on the bump feel the need to be critical and mean to other woman. This woman is sharing her story... if i didnt have anything positive to say, i just wouldnt write anything at all!!! im jealous that you could hide it for so long and that you have skinny legs...

Good Luck Big Smile

Im 25, married with a 2 and a half year old son and I'm 18weeks pregnant!!!Wink

• I really didn't start to show until 19-20 weeks and only a little. I'm almost 24 weeks and most people at my job still don't know. I've started telling people and they can't believe it. I wear peasant-y tops or empire waisted shirts so they either didn't notice my bump or thought I was was gaining a bunch of weight. haha. 

Now that I am telling people I get tons of Oh, How are you? as if I'm dying, or lots of personal questions. I'm a private person so I don't like those.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageaadewitt:

I came out at work at 15 weeks (right after my dr appt) I was hiding it pretty well i guess no one knew, but then again big ole sweatshirts help! ;)

But when I would take the sweatshirt off umm my big boobs looked HUGE and my belly was getting harder to hide (I had a belly before so I knew how to hide it)

I think its perfectly fine and respectable to not say anything until you are ready. As someone who had a m/c I get annoyed/angry  (and a bit jealous)at the women who announce at work/facebook they are KU at 6 weeks/8 weeks. 

It hurts me a bit to think they are so confident it will all work out- even my 1st time (m/c) I knew what could happen.  And this tme I was SUPER scared to even tell family till 11 weeks! 

I shared on FB after our first u/s at 8 weeks. It wasn't that I was confident that nothing would happen. I was just as aware as anyone else that miscarriage could happen. We shared at that point because we had shared with most of our close friends and family while we were visiting them over Christmas anyway (we wanted to do it in person) and we preferred to spread the news ourselves as opposed to having others spread it for us. It frustrates me when people judge my motives for doing things when and how I do them, solely based on how they choose to do things themselves. I am so sorry for your loss. No one should have to go through that.

• I'm still not out yet.  I do get the urge to tell sometimes, but it just isnt a good career move right now.  They will find out when they need to find out.  It just cracks me up when others annouce while their pee stick is still wet and I can just smile at what they dont know!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• I'm still hiding my pregnancy also.  I reached 16 weeks and still no idea.  The store I work for will be closing for good in 3-4 weeks so I just don't feel like sharing with my boss. She is retiring to take care of a grand baby due in 2-3 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"