May 2012 Moms

Really??? Also, quick Adalyn update

So, we were just at the hospital visiting Adalyn for her Hands On at 11a, and as we were walking through the parking garage to the hospital, there was an EXTREMELY pregnant woman thoroughly enjoying her cigarette! 

Really?? Am I on What Would You Do from ABC? Of course I didn't say anything because I didn't have time (had to make it to Adalyn's).  I just don't think that I've seen a VERY pregnant woman so blatantly enjoying a smoke.  DH and I just couldn't really believe it.

As far as Adalyn, her chest X-ray today was much improved, as well as her blood gases, per the MD and they are going to push her even a little more so that hopefully she can be off the vent in the next couple of days. Woo-hoo! She is also up to 860g (1 pound 14 ounces) and is tolerating her feeds very well. 

Thank you for all your T&Ps! Smile 

TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Really??? Also, quick Adalyn update

• Omgosh...I am not really a confrontational person but I think that lady smoking might have sent me over the edge!  Who does she think she is?

Yay for positive news on Adalyn! 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeay Adalyn!!!

Wow That's upsetting about the pregnant lady though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah for Adalyn!

I dont know what I would do re: the smoking. Probably mutter something insulting under my breath and keep walking. I'm so not confrontational in situations like that.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Awesome news about Adalyn!!! Yay! So so so happy she is progressing! Hoping you get to hold her soon!

Yeah, the pregnant smoking lady would have sent me over the edge. What the hell is wrong with people? That poor little baby...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Glad she is doing well.  I would have thought the same thing about the lady smoking.  Crazy! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • It makes me soooo happy that your little one is doing so well! It makes my heart smile. As for pregnant women smoking cigarettes...It makes me sad because there are moms that can't get pregnant or moms who miscarry and moms who do their best every day and still have trouble pregnancies...yet the people I know who smoked while pregnant had perfect babies. Makes me sad. :(
    married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • I love seeing great updates on Adalyn! 

As for the pregnant lady smoking....I am sure a very loud "wow, some people as really stupid" comment might have been made to my dh while walking by.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hooray! And she's almost 2 pounds so you can hold her soon!

Continued T&P!

And the smoking preggo lady is just crazy talk! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh, some people. So glad to hear Adalyn is doing well!  

• I really wish smoking while pregnant would be illigal!  I nam glad that Adalyn is doing so well
    Team Blue! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Glad your baby girl is doing well!

And woman who smoke while pregnant make me angry.  Qutting while pregnant with the advisement of your doctor is one thing (making it gradual) but not even trying and still smoking by the end is horrible.  To me that said you didn't even try.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I'm so glad to hear continued positive updates. I'm hoping her infections go fast and stay gone.

She's a little champion girl. Based on our 1 ounce a day gain, you should be holding her in no time!

I'm not confrontational at all but the smoking lady would have bugged me big-time.
  • I actually met a woman who STARTED smoking once she got pregnant. She was on several hard drugs when she got pregnant and she stopped all of them, but said she still needed something. I was so angry that she wouldn't just take responsibility for what she was doing. 

I never say it to people, but I strongly feel that if you can't protect your child when your pregnant, it's a reflection of the kind of uncaring, irresponsible, worthless parent you'll be once it's here. It's too easy to take care of your unborn child. What's going to happen once they're here and a LOT more difficult? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's so disturbing to hear!  You would think most women would be able to quit for atleast 9 months for the well-being of their unborn child.

I am new to this board, so am just learning of your little Adalyn.  She sounds like a fighter!  Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

• Its amazing what some women do when they are pregnant.  Makes ya wonder!!!  So glad to hear Adalyn's CXR looking better!!  And a wt gain.  She is oohhh so close to 2#.  As always in my thoughts and prayers!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • 1) OMGWTFBBQ!

2) Congrats on the chest x-ray!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"