2nd Trimester

Not great news on my birthday.

After a Dr. visit today, it was confirmed that my cervix has shortened from 3cm to 1cm and I am slightly dilated. I'm taking hormones, and no sex for probably the rest of the pregnancy. I'm not being put on bed rest or anything at this point. Needless to say I'm scared and stressed, but trying to stay positive. I need good thoughts. Thanks guys. Love.

image image image
BFP 10/31/11 EDD 7/15/12 pPROM 2/25/12
"How very softly you tiptoed into our world. Almost silently; Only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts."
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Not great news on my birthday.

• Serious T&Ps headed your way... I hope the best for you and your LO...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Stay positive!  A friend has an incompetant cervix due to the removal of part of it for pre-cancerous cells.  She has a 1 yr old and is expecting again -- her pregnancy wasn't bliss (cerclage (sp?) and lot of bed rest) but the end result was a beuatiful, healthy baby.  Hang in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • yes why arent they doing the cerklege (sp?)

T & P for you and lil one to make it to the end.  The sex thing- it will be worth it in the end!  Good luck 

lolololo
  • I know it hasn't started off as a happy birthday. TP's your way and stay as positive as you can! If you are meant to have this baby then baby will come regardless of your shortened cervix or not!!!!! Stay positive!!!! :)
  • T&P

question for you..I was checked for having a short cervix, my Dr. said if it is they were going to put a few stitches to keep it from dilating..so my question is did your doctor bring this up to you? If not maybe you can ask them??

• Oh no- that has got to  be stressful!  How did you find this out- were you cramping?  Even though you're not on bedrest- I hope you're really taking it easy and letting folks spoil you.

Take care!!!

• Oh no!  Yes, stay positive!  Sending positive vibes!
    CafeMom Tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Fingers crossed everything is okay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"