March 2012 Moms

My ankles - PIP

So it's just past 10am where I am, and my ankles/tops of my feet already look like this.  They will just get worse throughout the day, even though I sit with them up at work and lay down and put them up as soon as I get home.  Please tell me someone else has this just as bad?? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016

Re: My ankles - PIP

• wear compression tights they are well worth the money!!!! I am sorry you are so swollen
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wowsers that looks uncomfortable! I agree with PP unless ur OB is already aware that your ankles/feet swell up like that, it's worth a call. My OB checks and asks about swelling each week now.

• Loading the player...
  • imagenonasimonsen:
    I would call your doc! That is def not normal swelling!! Can you check your BP where you are?

This.  I'd be calling my doctor and taking my blood pressure.

• I had really bad swelling with my DD, but I think what you have going on there is even worse than what I had. Does your Dr. know? You might want to be giving them a call if not!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Mine are worse!  But I am on my feet all day at school and I don't do a very good job at putting them up after class.  My blood pressure isn't high so my dr doesn't seem to care.  Compression stockings are way too hot.  I live in south FL and its well over 80 today! 

• imagemlee116:

imagenonasimonsen:
    I would call your doc! That is def not normal swelling!! Can you check your BP where you are?

This.  I'd be calling my doctor and taking my blood pressure.

THIS!!! Go get checked out, girl. Definitely too much swelling going on there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine are pretty darn close to that, actually... They were so swollen on Wednesday that I decided to have some fun with it. I walked into the living room and started looking through drawers and such, and my husband finally asked, "Ummm... are you looking for your pants?" (I was only wearing one of his t-shirts at the time). I replied, "No! My ankles!! I can't find them anywhere!!!" We got a good laugh out of it, and then he ordered me straight to bed so I could put my feet up.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine look like that and worse sometimes. My doc saw them at my appointment yesterday where my BP was 109/72. My BP is always low. She just said to try and drink more fluids throughout the day and put my feet up as often as possible. 

So nice to know that freaks everyone out so much and how abnormal I apparently am.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well crap, now you all have me worried!  I called my Dr and I'm going in at 1.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• imagekiarstin:
    wear compression tights they are well worth the money!!!! I am sorry you are so swollen

These were a lifesaver for me when I was still working at the cupcake shop. 8+ hours with no time to sit was absolutely killer on my feet and legs.  

• imageRaeJ004:
    Well crap, now you all have me worried!  I called my Dr and I'm going in at 1.

Good! Hopefully it's nothing, but it's always better to have the check! Keep us posted!

Married DH 6.6.09
    BFP#1 6.12.10 EDD 2.20.11 MMC 8.10.10 D&C 8.11.10
    BFP#2 7.17.11 EDD 3.11.12 DS Born 3.17.12
    BFP#3 10.30.14 EDD 7.10.14 

Pregnancy Ticker

http://i62.tinypic.com/r0614p.gif  movie animated GIF  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My feet, ankles, and calves are way more swollen than that. I have so much fluid retention down there that I gained 6 lbs in one week. My blood pressure is perfectly normal, so its just the swelling which for some women is apparently normal. My dr. wrote me script for compression socks, but I will not be able to put them on by myself so DH will have to help. I wouldn't worry too much, unless you have BP issues. Do make sure your dr. is aware of the swelling though. And definitely resting them. My dr. said the only way to do this is to be laying down. Sitting with your feet up doesn't help much.

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

• Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is how swollen I am at 11:35am PST.  Same boat as you!  I also have regular blood pressure, but I just swell up while at work.  Keep us updated on what your Dr. says, mine says as long as it goes away at night I am fine.  Hoping the same for you!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine look like that. Asked my doctor about it and she said the bigger the baby the more intense the swelling can be. Are you expecting a big baby?
    BabyFetus Ticker

• imagedigwriter:
    Mine look like that. Asked my doctor about it and she said the bigger the baby the more intense the swelling can be. Are you expecting a big baby?

This might explain part of it.  My family has a history of big babies (10-12+ lbs).  I was really hoping for a 7lber...  But when I told my mom that she laughed at my hysterically :( 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Mine are worse. My legs are like sausages all the way to my knees. My dr said to keep them up as much as possible, but not to worry about it unless one is significantly worse than the other, then they would check for a blood clot. Otherwise the swelling is normal. I tried compression socks and they were more uncomfortable than dealing with the swelling.
    imagemy read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sadly I am suffering from sumo wrestler feet as well....my darling husband thinks its funny..my legs are one size from thigh to toes..makes me want to cry just about every night when I get in the shower
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mine are just as bad, i checked for my ankle bone this morning at 9am and it was already gone. i would call your dr but if your anything like me, there is nothing they will be able to do. my bp is totally normal so he says i just kinda have to deal with it. good luck! at least we are almost done :-)
    TTC since 4/2010 Clomid 3/2011 & 4/2011 BFP 5/2011 Natural MC 5/20/11 BFP 7/3/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 11/9/2012 dx Partial Molar Pregnancy - D&C 12/11/12 HCG 12/10/2012 -96000 HCG 12/19/2012 -888 HCG 12/27/2012 -146 HCG 1/2/2013 -275 HCG 1/9/2013 -788 Dx with gestational trophoblastic disease 1/3/13 Meet with Oncologist for 1/11/2013 Second D&C 1/16 HCG 1/23/2013 - 88 HCG 1/30/2013 - 0 miracle!!!!!
  • Mine have been really bad too!  My doctor told me to watch the sodium intake.  I had never looked at a sodium label before, and was floored to see how much sodium was in just about everything I'd eat as part of a meal.  I mean, aren't Lean Cuisine lunches supposed to be healthy?!?!  There are almost 800mg in one of those things!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine look like that too....the only shoes I have are slip on "slipper" type mocisans, or flip-flops (and it is Feb. in central IL....luckily it was 50 today so I tried out the flip flops...LOL).    My hands are also swollen with stiff joints and look red and white all the time.   The dr. wasn't overly concerned last week, but the feet have gotten worse so I'll ask again Monday.   Sucks!!
  • Mine are pretty similar and have constant pins and needles in my left hand and the nurse yesterday was like "what happened to your face".... BP is normal so Dr. Isn't concerned
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"