March 2012 Moms

Growth u/s and looks like a big baby

So due to my GD my dr. wanted me to get a growth u/s to check on babies size as if she is over 9.5 lbs she will want to do a csection instead of a vaginal birth. Well baby is measuring at 8lbs 15oz at 38 weeks! Of course there is an error rate of 15% because she is too big to accurately get her to move and get the best measurements. My dr. wasn't available when the tech called her with the results and it sounds like they just want me to call on Monday to see what to do since my next appt. isn't until next Thursday. The tech was nervous for me lol. Yesterday they scheduled my induction for the day before my due date (march 1st), which I assume if the baby is big she won't let me go that long before scheduling my csection, but I won't know until Monday if anything is changing. At my appt. yesterday, I was 50% effaced with zero dilation. I think this little girl (or big girl lol) is too comfortable and not wanting to make her appearance anytime soon. The tech said that with the baby being big, it would explain why I have so much swelling in my legs. Right now its hard to plan work without knowing what the dr. wants to do, so day by day we go here. She will be here in t minus 13 days, but probably sooner. Can't believe how close we are now!

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

Re: Growth u/s and looks like a big baby

• I totally understand how you feel!  I went in last week for a growth scan and my little guy is measuring not so little!  He was 7 lbs 11 oz last week so if he's gaining half a lb a week now that puts me over 8 lbs at 37 weeks, eek!  I'm hoping to get in to see my doctor early as well to see what my options are, good luck!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Just out of curiousity is your GD controlled? I was also diagnosed, but have been managing my numbers with diet & exercise. I'm only 34 wks, & he is measuring about 5lbs.

• Loading the player...
  • imagene14pez:
    So due to my GD my dr. wanted me to get a growth u/s to check on babies size as if she is over 9.5 lbs she will want to do a csection instead of a vaginal birth. Well baby is measuring at 8lbs 15oz at 38 weeks! Of course there is an error rate of 15% because she is too big to accurately get her to move and get the best measurements. My dr. wasn't available when the tech called her with the results and it sounds like they just want me to call on Monday to see what to do since my next appt. isn't until next Thursday. The tech was nervous for me lol. Yesterday they scheduled my induction for the day before my due date (march 1st), which I assume if the baby is big she won't let me go that long before scheduling my csection, but I won't know until Monday if anything is changing. At my appt. yesterday, I was 50% effaced with zero dilation. I think this little girl (or big girl lol) is too comfortable and not wanting to make her appearance anytime soon. The tech said that with the baby being big, it would explain why I have so much swelling in my legs. Right now its hard to plan work without knowing what the dr. wants to do, so day by day we go here. She will be here in t minus 13 days, but probably sooner. Can't believe how close we are now!

Wow sounds big...but for what its worth they told my friend she would be having a 9.5-10 lb baby and she came home with a 6lb15oz baby....I too have GD but fortunately he is not measuring big 6 lbs 13oz at 37w5d....Is your GD controlled or do you have to take medication?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep, if your GD is well controlled I would be very skeptical. My friend was told she was going to have a 13 lb(!) baby, they tried to convince her to get a c/s, she refused and had a normal 8 lb baby...

• I am diet controlled at this point. I am a little skeptical, but as I was born at 9lbs 6 oz. myself I can see how she might be on the bigger side anyway. DH was 8lbs exactly when he was born. So who knows. This was all coming from the tech, I will talk to the dr. on Monday hopefully and have this ironed out. Basically I am hoping I go into labor naturally soon so that I don't have to worry about it. She was breathing pretty good when we were looking at her. Not sure what to think or what to decide as I obviously want to do what is best for her, just don't want to risk going another 2 weeks and having her be even bigger.

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"