TTC After a Loss

sticker shock for IVF

So after we got pregnant on our own and had a late pregnancy loss (21 weeks) 2/14/09 with our first daughter we weren't able to get pregnant again...   So a year ago (April) we started seeing a RE and after a few drug boosted cycles and 3 iui's we are still not pregnant again.  So we did IVF consult and are doing our first IVF cycle.   We are self pay and they need the money up front so after already spending $10K+ we had to come up with another $15K...  paid that this morning and then the pharmacy calls with the drugs ready to ship, total is $3650....   Seriously what the heck can possibly make these drugs so flipping expensive.   I don't know how others who are self pay do it?!  I think the money thing is more stressful than going thru treatment.    It's going to happen this time, has to!!!  :)   Just had to vent thru my tears today.

Re: sticker shock for IVF

• Hi.  It looks like you last posted here over two years ago.  It'd be nice if you re-introduced yourself if you'd like to re-integrate into the board.  Thanks.

P.S.  There are a few women here undergoing IVF, and you are welcome to hang around, but you may want to visit the IF board.  There are more ladies there currently undergoing IVF.  They usually appreciate introductions as well.  Good luck with your IVF cycle. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Wow!  My jaw hit the floor!  I am so sorry you are dealing with that.  You are totally welcome to post here, and we would love to have you, but you might also find support on the Infertility board.  Some people here will have IVF experience, but I think most of us don't.  

If we are going to see more of you, can we talk you out of an intro--just your story and where you are at, etc...

I am sorry for your loss, and I hope the IVF works.

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto about the IF board - there are ladies there TTCAL with IF. I am 100% OOP for IVF and our total for one cycle with meds (no freezing or sperm banking) is ~16k. It should be criminal to charge hat much for meds. You can shop around on your meds and I suggest you do that!

Hope we get to hear more about you!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"