June 2011 Moms

8 month sleep regression. God help me.

J has been up for 1.5-3 hours every night since Friday. I'm starting to lose it. He wakes up grunting which I think is him trying to crawl and gets so worked up that he starts crying. I go in, settle him down, put him in his crib and BAM crying again. If I rock him to sleep he fights it like poison. I can't win. Hoping this passes soon before I pass out.

Anyone else going through this? Please commiserate with me. 

Re: 8 month sleep regression. God help me.

• We just *knocks on wood* got over it. He's still fighting going to sleep, but he's at least back to mostly sleeping through the night. I completely feel your pain though. Worst. Month. Ever. It did get better on its own eventually. Until then I suggest wine, and hopefully the phase goes by quickly! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh my goodness, yes!!! 2 weeks ago exactly DD learned to crawl, got her first tooth, and quit sleeping on the same day! She's up every 45 min-1 hr all.night.long. The second she wakes up she's on all fours crawling around, crying. She's fighting sleep like crazy and will only sleep snuggled against me or DH.

I didn't know there was an 8 month sleep regression. This would make sense though. She did the same thing during the 4MW for 7 weeks, then started STTN again. I hope it ends soon for both of us!

• Loading the player...
  • teething?

DD slept great through the night until she started teething. Now starting at 5 am she wakes up 2-3 times.

• I'm hoping it's just teething with Em too.  She has been up for about an hour a night. We haven't gone in, but this is so different for her. She has been STTN since late August.  I hope it doesn't last long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, we sure did up until we sleep trained.  I think ours also had a bit to do with N learning to crawl.  He would constantly practice.  Have you considered sleep training?  It seriously changed my life in 2 days.
  • imagegymnst1013:
    Yep, we sure did up until we sleep trained.  I think ours also had a bit to do with N learning to crawl.  He would constantly practice.  Have you considered sleep training?  It seriously changed my life in 2 days.

This exactly. It was miserable and two days later--TA-DA! All better. It was amazing.  

• I have been dealing with this since DD turned 3 months. I don't know what the deal is. On a good night we are only up 4 times with each waking being about 30 minutes. On a bad night, we are up 6-8 times with at least one waking being 2+hours. I am losing my mind. I think she is teething now, because naps today have been utter hell on top of my crappy nights.
  • There's an 8 month sleep regression?  I've been blaming our problems for the last week on teething but maybe it's a combo. Once I get her down she sleeps until 5 or 6, but getting her to stay down has been tricky. She used to be so much easier!  I hope it passes quickly!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJsMama11:

J has been up for 1.5-3 hours every night since Friday. I'm starting to lose it. He wakes up grunting which I think is him trying to crawl and gets so worked up that he starts crying. I go in, settle him down, put him in his crib and BAM crying again. If I rock him to sleep he fights it like poison. I can't win. Hoping this passes soon before I pass out.

Anyone else going through this? Please commiserate with me. 

This for us, although it is about every other night!  He's been waking up anywhere from 11-3, and won't go to sleep for 1.5-2 hours!  I didn't realize how spoiled I was to have a baby who was sleeping through the night!

Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • ::checks OP's screen name::  Did I write this??

Yep, DS is doing ALL of this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"