2nd Trimester

Any 2nd time mom's getting the "How far until your due" with side eyes towards your belly

I work in a Medical Clinic and we see MANY patients every day- some of the multiple times a week- and lets just say the side eyes aimed at my belly have been coming in full force..

I haven't even gained 10 lbs and these ladies that are making these comments make me feel like I am HUGE. Don't worry I am not taking most of them to heart- it jsut amazes me #1- how fast I grew, #2- How much less I have gained w/ this one, and #3 how I already look 7 months pregnant.

The one I got today was "Oh, when are you due? Soon?" Me" No, Actually I am due the beginning of July" Her-  glancing up and down my body "Wow... you have a LONG ways to go still... well, good luck. "

Now granted, I litterally have NO waist to begin with.. 3 inches IF that between my hip's and my last rib- so I know the baby has no where to go but out... but geez.. can't people just keep their traps closed?

Thanks for letting me vent!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any 2nd time mom's getting the "How far until your due" with side eyes towards your belly

• Oh my gosh, that's why I haven't told ANYONE!  I know eventually my belly will just give it away, but I hate those looks and comments.  I seriouslly think some women love this opportunity to knock you and make you feel horrible.  I'm ready for it though.  I'm going to get em' with the best comebacks!  "Are you pregnant?" "Uh, no, are you? (staring them back down)" LOL  I'm so ready, they can BRING it!
    CafeMom Tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • 14 lbs later I deserve those comments lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • imagedette7820:

I work in a Medical Clinic and we see MANY patients every day- some of the multiple times a week- and lets just say the side eyes aimed at my belly have been coming in full force..

I haven't even gained 10 lbs and these ladies that are making these comments make me feel like I am HUGE. Don't worry I am not taking most of them to heart- it jsut amazes me #1- how fast I grew, #2- How much less I have gained w/ this one, and #3 how I already look 7 months pregnant.

The one I got today was "Oh, when are you due? Soon?" Me" No, Actually I am due the beginning of July" Her-  glancing up and down my body "Wow... you have a LONG ways to go still... well, good luck. "

Now granted, I litterally have NO waist to begin with.. 3 inches IF that between my hip's and my last rib- so I know the baby has no where to go but out... but geez.. can't people just keep their traps closed?

Thanks for letting me vent!

Yeah, I feel ya! My daughter and I were at the grocery store the other day and she talks to everyone (she's almost 3). This man was talking back to her and asked if she was going to have a little brother or sister? We answered and he said, "Well mama looks like she's about to pop, so y'all better get out of here!" I just smiled and thought - if he only knew, I'm not due until 07/01/12!! Oh well...

• Yes! I work with two women due in mid-July and I'm due in mid-August. I'm the only one showing! Even my nanny exclaimed that she couldn't believe how round I am already. I haven't told many people at work yet (just the ones that matter) so the bed part is getting the side eye and they're not even sure I'm pregnant. I just let them stare all they want. I'm the first in my office to have #2 so nobody quite understands that you show faster eith consecutive pregnancies. And I've only gained 1 pound so I know it's not me!! 

• Phone won't let me edit but that was supposed I say "best part" not bed part 
  • I get this now and got it the last time. I also only have a few inches between hip and rib. My son was 21 inches long and is now in the 98% in height. I have tall children. And at 4 months was told "omg your huge" And by a girl that is far from small. I am the smallest person out of all my friends yet they all take this time to make me feel like a blimp. Sometimes im tempted to shoot back with "well lets both go get on a scale and see who weighs more, its not gonna be me"

But most comments i just brush off, my favorite so far was this crazy lady demanding i not deliver my baby in the same aile she was in at the grocery store.  

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't stand when people say I still have a long way to go. Soooo annoying
  • imagemel101:
    I can't stand when people say I still have a long way to go. Soooo annoying

I feel like people saying how you still have a long way to go is like people saying, "Oh, well your not THAT pregnant." I got that a lot for a while. You are either pregnant or not, there is no degree of how pregnant your are. Arg.  

• Oh absolutely.  I have gained 7 lbs and I look like I did at 30 weeks with DD.  I have done absolutely nothing different so it boggles me, but of course I anticipated showing earlier.  And yes, people's comments are highly annoying.
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • A coworker today figured out I was pregnant. I think she noticed probably a week or 2 ago, but didn't say anything - she did a double take at my belly, so I figured she was catching on.

One other co-worker already knew, and my boss. One of the guys that I sit by may know, if he had overheard co-worked that already knew and I talking... but he hasn't said anything. 

I have been planning to tell for about 2 weeks now, but my boss has cancelled our staff meeting for various reason each week. 

I'm still in regular clothes, but mostly have more fitted tops vs loose/flowy tops, so co-workers are bound to figure it out sooner or later. 

• I get this too but I do have a bump. I'm glad that like you I haven't gained much at all and already look this big!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm due July 2nd and look like I'm 9 mths pregnant.  This is my 3rd and my first girl.  I get all kinds of lovely comments all day.  Makes me feel like a super model - j/k.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Jeez...people and their comments. I get the opposite....even though I DO look pregnant. My grandmother and mom are always saying how I don't look pregnant (well, if I don't look pregnant, then I just look fat lol). They're always saying "I was out to HERE when I was pregnant!!!". Really, grams? You were carrying a watermelon when you were 19 weeks?
    Bravado Bras at Nurtured FamilyBabyFruit Tickerimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"