2nd Trimester

diaper bags?

What diaper bags are you thinking of getting, or have already bought??

I have no idea what I want..

Re: diaper bags?

• Honestly, I don't think you will know what you want until your baby is already here.  I think if I could do it over again I would just get a cheap diaper bag for the beginning until I figured out what I was really looking for. 

I actually just got a Ju-Ju-Be Packabe and I'm very happy with it so far.  We have a few diaper bags, but we realized we really liked having a backpack option and had been using the freebie from the hospital for a long time instead of the bags we had gotten when our son was born.

The bag I picked out when I was pregnant has only been used a few times.  It ended up being a pain to use and we only use it as a carry-on when we fly with our son because it's bigger than our other diaper bags. 

It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Skip Hop bags.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • I planned on getting a Carters diaper bag but my MIL bought both me and my SIL new coach diaper bags!!! :-) YAY I love it... 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mother actually just bought us one. It matches our travel system. It chicco  brand and is the vega pattern. I like it because it's a simple hobo style but can store a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got one that looks like a large black purse. (This one: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12194853) And H got a diaper bag back pack from columbia. 

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • I'm looking at either Coach, Ju ju be -BFF or a Lug bag...undecided and it will be tough since the only one I can see is the Lug bag.  Hopefully I can check the others out when I'm in New York in a few weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a strong believer that the bag is my accessory and not the baby's.  I had a diaper bag and hated it.  I ended up using a purse/bag that had a few exterior pockets and a few comparments inside (you can also get a divider for the inside if a bag you don't like doesn't come with it.  We didn't use bottles so there wasn't a need for that feature.  Just wanted to keep diapers and wipes on one side and blankets, extra outfit and snacks on the other.  Used the exterior pocket for keys and phone so they were easily accessible. 
  • My husband gave me this huge Coach bag one Christmas and I swear I will use it as a diaper bag!  We live by the outlet, so it's not like we're spending a fortune.  I'm just so obsessed with being fashionista that I refuse to buy an actual diaper bag.  Really, you can put your necessities in ANY bag you want.  If you have a fave backpack, use that.  Eventually you'll figure out you don't need to carry everything with you; just the necessities. 
    CafeMom Tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have already purchased the Petunia Picklebottom Earl Grey Boxy Backpack. Can't wait to use it. I'm a handbag fanatic, so I'm all about the cute diaper bags. Lets hope it's functional as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • I agree the petunia pickle bottom bags are too cute!!! Many to choose from ;-) love them!!!!
  • I got a $15 diaper bag from wal-mart.  It was a bigger bag with lots of pockets and gender neutral.  I personally think it is silly to go spend $50 - $60 on a bag.
  • I am either going to go with coach or vera Bradley:)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Wow...well...my Mom actually bought me a bag the week I got my BFP. Whats funny though is that its a laptop bag from Office Max...BUT ITS PERFECT!! Pockets and all!! Big Smile I Love my Mom...just for thinking of it! LOL
    Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bought a petunia pickle bottom in chocolate brown and pink..got a great deal on ruelala.com--could not resist!
  • I love my Petunia Pickle Bottom boxy backpack. They have an outlet sale every few months and I got it on that for like 40% off. I see no need for another bag with number two.
  • imageMrs Mommy:
    I got a $15 diaper bag from wal-mart.  It was a bigger bag with lots of pockets and gender neutral.  I personally think it is silly to go spend $50 - $60 on a bag.

agreed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got a skip hop studio for $40 from Home Goods and a JJ Cole Mode Tote from Buy Buy Baby for $24.  I'm using one for me and one for DH as we will have 2 cars and this way whoever has baby has stuff for baby.

But I have no idea if I will love these or not!  There are too many choices so I just went with trusted brands that had lots of pockets and good reviews on Amazon that didn't cost too much. 

• Haven't thought about those. I'm not a huge fan of them - haven't found one that is functional that I like. That said, I have a friend that sells organizational bags with a certain company (31 or something like that) and I like those so much better than the traditional diaper bags. They are bigger, functional, cute, and perfect for a mom of more than one child. That's probably what I'll stick with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"