Cloth Diapering

receiving blankets

can receiving blankets cut into squares be used at wipes?? sorry if it's been asked before. i have an abundance of them, most of them not getting used, so i thought i'd ask.
Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn

Re: receiving blankets

• yes! depending on the fabric, you may have to surge the edges so they don't fray. we used fleece for our cloth wipes and they don't fray at all. they wash up very well and work great!
  • Yes. I've seen several tutorials online, but the basic idea is to cut them and either serge or turn under and sew the edge. Some people do two layers.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Loading the player...
  • great! i think i'll put my friends sewing machine to use! thanks ladies.
    Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn
  • On a similar note, we used old t shirts.  With those you just need to cut and no sewing is involved.  I think they work well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehheyderh:
    On a similar note, we used old t shirts.  With those you just need to cut and no sewing is involved.  I think they work well.

This is a great idea. my SO has many white t's that have been stained from work & just sit around now. Thanks!
  • I cut up two cotton flannel blankets. I didn't serge them, so they are fraying, but ehh...once they are too small to use, I will cut up another blanket.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"