Stay at Home Moms

pedicure vent/ question

Since I moved (2+ yrs ago) I've been going to a small local place for my nails. It's an asian girl and her father and there's only 2 pedi chairs and 2 mani chairs in the place.  They are super sweet and do a really good job.  I don't go often because I really enjoy doing my own nails, but I go for special occasions or if I don't have time. When I was pregnant I got regular pedicures and have had two since. I usually cut my own nails, so all they really have to do is clean them up and paint them, but when I was pregnant, they cut my nails (I couldn't reach!  LOL)  I always cut my nails (fingers and toes) straight across but they cut down the sides as well. Now i'm noticing my nails grow differently. I don't have any ingrown nails or anything, but I don't like the way it looks. I thought it was a big no-no to cut down the sides...?   I am considering going somewhere else now, but I feel bad.

How do you (or your pedi person) cut your toenails?

WWYD?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pedicure vent/ question

• I re-read this and feel like it's a really stupid question, but I am really curious. I want to get my nails back to how they were... flip flop season is coming!!! LOL
  • I honestly would go somewhere else. It's a huge no no to cut toenails down the sides. Fingernails are fine that way but with toenails it can cause ingrown if you aren't careful. To fix it, try to let them grow out some and then cut them straight across or have another place cut them straight across. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would go somewhere else!  I have had pedi's for years & have only come across 1 place that cut my toenails down the sides & I HATED it!  It looked awful.  I
  • imagemego1988:
    I honestly would go somewhere else. It's a huge no no to cut toenails down the sides. Fingernails are fine that way but with toenails it can cause ingrown if you aren't careful. To fix it, try to let them grow out some and then cut them straight across or have another place cut them straight across. 

This! I would never let anyone cut down the sides. I go to the same person for pedicures and she has never done that.

After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"