March 2012 Moms
Options

WWYD Re: unsigned check for shower

I am having a bit of a dillema deciding on the proper etiquette for handling a check that we received for our baby shower that wasn't signed. Which means we cannot cash it. I'm not too worried about the money, but I don't want this person to be waiting for this check to clear and it doesn't. The person is my mother's aunt through marriage, I am not close to her at all. In fact she doesn't even know who I am and introduces herself to me everytime we meet, even though I know who she is. I don't feel right calling her since she doesn't know who I am, and I do not have her phone number either. My mom offered to call,  but now I don't know. I don't know if I should send the thank you with the check inside and let her know, or do I have my mom call her? Or not worry about it all together. Like I said, its not about the money at all. So oh wise bumpies, what would you do?

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

Re: WWYD Re: unsigned check for shower

• Options

I don't think there's anything wrong with putting it in a thank you card, thanking her for her generosity and letting her know it was unsigned so that she's not waiting for it to clear or anything.

If she chooses to send another, that's great, and if she doesn't....well, i guess oh well?

• Options
    Have mom call.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would send it in the thank you note..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would have your mom call.  But that is me. 

At my shower for DS#1 a friend of my moms gave me one of those visa gift cards.  When I went to use it, it didn't work.  My mom called her b/c we didn't want the money she spent on it to be for nothing.  A little different, but I know my grandmother always worries when we don't cash a check right away so for that reason I say have your mom call.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejayleigh68:
    Have mom call.

Agree.  Returning it in a thank you card might seem like you're returning it altogether, even if you include an explanation.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekmhunt11:

imagejayleigh68:
    Have mom call.

Agree.  Returning it in a thank you card might seem like you're returning it altogether, even if you include an explanation.   

This.

• Options
    imagerocknrollfriend:
    imagekmhunt11:

imagejayleigh68:
    Have mom call.

This.

Yep, I've got to agree here. Plus, its hard to convey your feelings through just a note, so if mom calls, its much more effective in getting the point across. 

Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
  • Options
    imageSaintDorothyMantooth:
    imagerocknrollfriend:
    imagekmhunt11:

imagejayleigh68:
    Have mom call.

This.

Yep, I've got to agree here. Plus, its hard to convey your feelings through just a note, so if mom calls, its much more effective in getting the point across. 

My thoughts exactly.

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I had my mom call her daughter yesterday and apparently she forgets to sign checks all the time. So my mom's cousin will sign the check for me, so my great aunt, won't know any different (she must be joint on the account). Thanks!

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"