February 2012 Moms

labor looming??

i am hoping these are early signs that i may be going into labor soon...please help!

i have been expierencing the following: more frequent bowel movements, more pressure on my cervix, some contractions, very minor swelling, and flu like symptoms.

i am 37 weeks 3 days and 2-3 cm dilated and SO ready for this baby to be here 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: labor looming??

• Approaching, yes; but not necessarily right away.  These are signs that things are starting to happen but it can still be weeks before you go into active labor.  I've had most of that and more for the past couple of weeks.  Sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It could be, but just a warning, I have been feeling that way for 2 weeks now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Been feeling this way for over a week now, even was sent to L&D yesterday by my OB and am now home just riding it out.  I don't expect to see this lil' dude for at least a week or 2.  My contractions yesterday were irregular, and i am dilated at 3 cm.  You want LO to bake as long as possible-- doc at L&D told me it is better for them to be born after 38 weeks to ensure no respiratory issues, etc.  and the best time is between 39 and 40.  I will take the discomfort if it means DS stays put til the optimal time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry, but I have experienced all of that for the past few weeks.  It could be something and I could be nothing.  The last month of pregnancy is a total mind .

It is pretty rare that you would go into labor this early- especially since you are a FTM.   

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• imagepinksweetpea2:

Sorry, but I have experienced all of that for the past few weeks.  It could be something and I could be nothing.  The last month of pregnancy is a total mind .

It is pretty rare that you would go into labor this early- especially since you are a FTM.   

Agreed. I've been feeling this way for weeks and I'm a FTM. I've been at 1-2cm for 2 weeks.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have to join in with PPs, I've been feeling all that for the past couple of weeks.  So it is an exciting sign that you are getting closer (yay!), but you probably still have some time left.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Yup, I agree with the PPs... It'll happen, sure, but not necessarily soon; I've had those for a couple weeks, too. :(

There don't seem to be any real "yes, you will be in labour soon" signs other than actually being in labour!

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"