2nd Trimester

will an infant car seat fit in a Chevy blazer?

Hey do any of you ladies own or have you owned a newer Blazer and would an infant car seat with the base fit? I'm most likely going to purchase a newer blazer here in the next week or so but I have not bought a seat yet.
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: will an infant car seat fit in a Chevy blazer?

• I had a 2000 Chevy Blazer with DD and it fit just fine.  HTH!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are different models. The extended model with the optional third row has a little more room in  the back seat I beleive. I own the standard model and the handle on the infant seat I had with DD had to stay up in order from both seats front seat to be all the way back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, I just wanted to make sure. But the Babies-R-us thing is a good idea, I never thought of that. But it should be fine, I hope. Fingers crossed. I just haven't found out the sex yet so I haven't wanted to buy a car seat, but maybe i just should anyway, if it's a girl than I can get one of those super cute car seat covers lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Like prev posters have said, it's more of matter of which one will fit (rather than will any car seat fit). Its strange how some fit completely different than others.

Several sites and books I've seen recommend either trying them out before buying (if the store allows- one of the PP above said BRU does this, I haven't tried this), or to keep tags/receipts so you can return if it doesnt fit. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You  mean a Trailblazer right?  Blazer are no longer made past the 90's I believe.  We have a 2008 Trailblazer SS (Which is a tad smaller than a regular one), and my son was RFing in a convertible for months and it was just fine.  We also had a graco snug ride that fit just fine.  I think our trailblazer is plenty spacious. I would recommend if your DH is tall to put the baby on the passenger side because the seat will have to come forward.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I've seen an infant car seat in a prius, that being said, I'm sure it will fit. I've seen 2 forward facing car seats and an infant car seat in a equinox, and those are about the same size.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • imageappylovee:
    I've seen an infant car seat in a prius, that being said, I'm sure it will fit. I've seen 2 forward facing car seats and an infant car seat in a equinox, and those are about the same size.

No, 3 carseats will not fit in the back seat of a Trailblazer.  But 2 will fit just fine, we've tired it in ours.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageChubbyCheekiesMom:

imageappylovee:
    I've seen an infant car seat in a prius, that being said, I'm sure it will fit. I've seen 2 forward facing car seats and an infant car seat in a equinox, and those are about the same size.

No, 3 carseats will not fit in the back seat of a Trailblazer.  But 2 will fit just fine, we've tired it in ours.  

Depends on the seat... Sunshine radian seats would probably fit like this - they are some of the most narrow seats - you can fit 3 across in a sedan. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do not have a picture of the equinox, but I remember my friend having a Dodge intrepid and fit 3 seats across the back. The other day we tried my Graco infant seat (which is part of a travel system) with her two evenflo forward facing seats, really tight fit, but it did. Here is a picture of a 2002 Chevy Trail Blazer. image

My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"