Babies: 6 - 9 Months

EBF - puffs and no teeth

I EBF and decided not to start solids until 6 months.  My LO has no teeth and now I'm unsure of when to start with the snacking of puffs, mum mums and/or cheerios.  If you were/are in a similar situation, when did you start?  Does the lack of teeth even matter?

Re: EBF - puffs and no teeth

• Teeth do not seem to matter for my DD, she doesnt have any yet and eats puffs like she has never been fed before. That being said..She seems to prefer puffs over purees now, ooops
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My DS has no teeth. I just started offering puffs last week. I'm mostly doing it to help him practice picking them up and getting it in his mouth. It does not matter if they have teeth for the puffs because they dissolve. I would wait a while on cheerios since they would need to be chewed a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Teeth don't matter. We started mum mum before DD had teeth, she has 1 half out and we started puffs a couple days ago. We're also doing baby led weaning so no purees and she eats normal food just fine.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Teeth don't matter :)

DD has had avocado, sweet potato, chicken, cucumbers, broccoli, eggs, strawberries, and puffs and has 0 teeth. Their gums are more than capable of chewing :)

We are also doing baby led weaning.

• I was just about to post this same question. Thank you everyone for answering my question :)
    image   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We offered puffs after we'd introduced most Stage 1 foods and he could gets the puffs to his mouth on his own (the veggie sticks and wagon wheels were easier to grasp at first).  We haven't given cheerios or mum mums yet because they don't dissolve as quickly.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• DD just cut her 1st tooth and has been eating puffs fine for a while now.
  • We started giving camden puffs and cheerios at 7 months and she just gummed the heck out of them it was fine..  But I do a combination of BLW and purees so she knew how to chew early.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"