Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Advice for post-preg weight loss?

I was pleasantly surprised today when I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans and they fit!  However, I have the muffin top and lots of skin hanging over the front that was not there pre-pregnancy!  When does the skin shrink back?  Anyone have advice for losing the last 10-15 lbs. that sit around the tummy area?

Re: Advice for post-preg weight loss?

• It's a tough area to lose (the muffin top) b/c there aren't really muscles you can build under it - the trick is to lose weight over all.

Some things that helped me was doing a pilates dvd a few times a week and walking every day.  I hear wonders about the Tracy Anderson post-pregnancy DVD, though her workouts are hard.  Also, check to see if there is a stroller strides by you - it's a mommy/baby workout (usually in a mall before it opens in the morning) that you do with baby in the stroller.  It's supposed to be really fun!

It takes time, so hang in there!

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, and congrats on getting back into your pre-pregnancy jeans!  Some moms never do!
  • Loading the player...
  • Weight Watchers! I love it and am down 15 pounds in 2 months!
  • If you're not BF you can try a detox with herbs.  That helped me kick the last 10 lbs last time.  It was more toxins than anything else.  Also, you need to do cardio and lower ab work to get rid of that muffin top though mine got a million times better but never completely went away.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Eat less (and healthier) and exercise more.

Sorry, no magic solution from me. :P Though it is a lot easier if you find something you enjoy doing, and cook things you still like eating.

• imageCrash Into Me:

imagebabyAutumn:
    If you're not BF you can try a detox with herbs.  That helped me kick the last 10 lbs last time.  It was more toxins than anything else.  Also, you need to do cardio and lower ab work to get rid of that muffin top though mine got a million times better but never completely went away.

:::headdesk::: Please tell me exactly which toxins you got rid of?  Do you not have kidneys or a liver?  That's the whole function of those organs..to detox your body.  

People, there's no miracle fix for fat.  If there was, do you think there would still be fat people running around?  

Eat well, cut the crap-the McDonald's, the soda, the sugary juices, the frozen meals, the white stuff-sugar, flour, etc. 

Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • imageMarion&Kit:

Eat less (and healthier) and exercise more.

Sorry, no magic solution from me. :P Though it is a lot easier if you find something you enjoy doing, and cook things you still like eating.

OMG your LO is adorable.  I had to do a double take...she looks so much like my DD when she was about the same age. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am a little over 3 months pp and in the same boat as you. I eat healthy and keep track of what I eat with the app my fitness pal. It counts calories and you can add in what workouts you do. Keep in mind these are healthy calories I snack on things like hummus and whole wheat pita or mixed nuts. They fill you up with small amounts. I also replace one meal a day with a protein shake. I am usually not a calorie counter but I am breast feeding and you have to eat a certain amount of calories a day to keep your milk supply up depending on your activity level. I also do the beach body workouts like brazil butt lift which is a lot of cardio and strength training and I mix in my favorite p 90 x videos. You can join beach body online for free and map out a calendar for your workouts to hold you accountable. just from doing these things I'm already toning up and losing inches. If you aren't breast feeding I recommend whole body detox from vitaminshoppe.com  it's in a green and yellow box. It's a detox for the whole body that gets rid of all the toxins and hormones built up. I use it once a year and usually lose about 10 pounds. It just helps jump start eating healthy and you don't crave the bad stuff anymore! HTH:)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Go back to work. I literally have no time to eat. And when I do eat, I eat healthy:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"