June 2012 Moms

UO

Got an opinion? Could it be unpopular? If so....post away!

Re: UO

• Valentine's Day is a stupid "holiday"....it means more to me to get a card or flowers on a random day just because.

It makes me sad that Texas has watered down history and glosses over slavery in the curriculum...and a list of other important topics.

Toaster Strudels are superior to pop tarts

I think people who have huge expensive 1st birthday parties should be honest and admit it is really for them and not their baby.  Does your baby really care what the theme was and if there was a petting zoo??

• I totally agree about Valentine's day.  What makes it worse is when you tell people that you and DH skip fake hoidays they look at you like you have three heads.

Along the lines of first birthday parties I am going to go with obnozious "sweet 16" parties.  Not sure about you ladies but being allowed to drive the hideous '85 buick and getting a Dairy Queen ice cream cake was pretty sweet when I turned 16.  If my kids expect to be serenaded by Justin Beiber and be given a brand new Lexus they are going to be really disappointed...

BabyFruit Ticker

image       image

• Loading the player...
  • imagehollyg1920:

Valentine's Day is a stupid "holiday"....it means more to me to get a card or flowers on a random day just because.

It makes me sad that Texas has watered down history and glosses over slavery in the curriculum...and a list of other important topics.

Toaster Strudels are superior to pop tarts

I think people who have huge expensive 1st birthday parties should be honest and admit it is really for them and not their baby.  Does your baby really care what the theme was and if there was a petting zoo??

I am a teacher (well, I SAH now, but I was a 4th grade teacher) and I cannot imagine teaching in Texas.  I've seen a lot in the news about the censorship in the curriculum there and I think it is atrocious.  I did a whole unit on African American history (which sadly includes slavery), a whole unit on Native American history, and I never sugar-coated the fact that many of our founding fathers were slave owners themselves.  I guess when you have a child in Texas you have to teach them certain things yourself (like evolution and sex education and US History).  Yeesh.

Anyway, my UO is that I am not that excited about getting ultrasounds.  Don't get me wrong, I love it that I get to be reassured that everything is ok with the baby and all, but I feel such a connection with him already and it has nothing to do with seeing a blurry image of him on a screen.  However, when I was pregnant with DD I lived for the ultrasound appts. ha! 

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• I completely agree about Valentines day. I actually really hate the holiday because it's the day before my birthday, so growing up, EVERYONE always forgot about my birthday! (including my own mother one year!!) 

If my husband isn't out of bed in five minutes I'm leaving him and going to the a/s on my own. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't like chocolate. That's all I got.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • imagehollyg1920:

Yes!!  In my family this is a common event.  I have conveniently had other plans every time one of these three ring circuses come to town.  At one everyone was required to dress up as pirates.  Yeah.

My UO - I HATE the book "Love You Forever".  I think it is super creepy.    

imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • ITA with the big 1st birthday parties. They are overrated. I don't think your 1 year old is going to remember. With DD we had 2 families over and we made appetizers and watched our local college football team play (and of course we did cake/ice cream and opened gifts). It was a blast.

I really can't think of anything else.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Here we go.... I don't like that there is so many new people. I can't keep track of them.

• Sushi is gross. I've tried it and hated it. Cold and raw fish? No thanks. And some people get pretentious about it as if they are classy or posh because they eat it, Gag!

Team Toaster Strudel!

• Disclaimer: I'm in a mood today...

1) Cross posting gets on my damn nerves. Stop it!  Choose where you want to post...June 2012, 2nd Trimester or the Facebook group. Those of you who post to all THREE need a karate chop.

2) I said this a couple weeks ago, but I think it bears repeating. If you say something to me along the lines of "I'd vote for anyone over Obama. I don't care who it is," then you are automatically an idiot and I'm not listening to anything else you have to say. 

3) If a person has absolutely zero moral compass in their private affairs then what in the fvvck makes you think they would be any more honest and upstanding in their public affairs??  Yes, I'm talking to you Newt Gingrich. I hope you're reading this, you beady eyed hobgoblin.

4) I like Valentine's Day

5) Yes, there's a clique. I'm in the clique. I like the clique. Either make an effort to be part of it or shut the hell up.

6) It's not my job to spare the feelings of the world. I am not blunt and honest because I'm a horrible person. I'm blunt and honest because more people could really stand to hear a little blunt honesty.

7) If someone butthurts you with a comment on Facebook and you fly off the handle and delete them because of ONE bad comment, especially without having an adult conversation with them about it first, then you are just as wrong as they are...and probably more immature.

I'm done.

• imageAliciaS1411:

I completely agree about Valentines day. I actually really hate the holiday because it's the day before my birthday, so growing up, EVERYONE always forgot about my birthday! (including my own mother one year!!) 

If my husband isn't out of bed in five minutes I'm leaving him and going to the a/s on my own. 

Maybe that's why I hate it too - it is two days after my birthday!  Good luck at the a/s!

BabyFruit Ticker

image       image

• imageallisonmarie22:

5) Yes, there's a clique. I'm in the clique. I like the clique. Either make an effort to be part of it or shut the hell up.

I'm done.

Did I  miss the whinypants over this? I didn't really think of it as a clique and even though I may not be part of it I don't really care. I still comment and join in when I have something to say. Who the he!l was complaining about it, what is this high school?  Grow up we are all adults and can choose to like some more than others, and some not at all! I think pregnancy "hormones" excuse is making the neurotic come out in some.

• imageallisonmarie22:

Disclaimer: I'm in a mood today...

1) Cross posting gets on my damn nerves. Stop it!  Choose where you want to post...June 2012, 2nd Trimester or the Facebook group. Those of you who post to all THREE need a karate chop.

2) I said this a couple weeks ago, but I think it bears repeating. If you say something to me along the lines of "I'd vote for anyone over Obama. I don't care who it is," then you are automatically an idiot and I'm not listening to anything else you have to say. 

3) If a person has absolutely zero moral compass in their private affairs then what in the fvvck makes you think they would be any more honest and upstanding in their public affairs??  Yes, I'm talking to you Newt Gingrich. I hope you're reading this, you beady eyed hobgoblin.

6) It's not my job to spare the feelings of the world. I am not blunt and honest because I'm a horrible person. I'm blunt and honest because more people could really stand to hear a little blunt honesty.

7) If someone butthurts you with a comment on Facebook and you fly off the handle and delete them because of ONE bad comment, especially without having an adult conversation with them about it first, then you are just as wrong as they are...and probably more immature.

I'm done.

Look at you go! :) Oh and I cross post sometimes, because I like to get as much attention as possible. Just kidding. Sometimes, I cross post because things get lost here and so I say it on FB.
  • imageallisonmarie22:

I'm done.

I read the first line and actually said, "oh hell..." aloud. hahahaha

1) I agree. I'm a moron lately though and I keep posting on the wrong elfin board!

2) I agree again. I also hate when people vote just to vote. I think that when they really started pushing my generation to all vote, it gave us a lot of stupid votes. Would we rather be a nation of few-informed voters, or vast-misinformed-or-not-informed-at-all voters?

5) Where is their clique talk?! lol I guess Im in the clique too then. we're not mean or anything! (most of the time..)

6) This is really why I love you so much

7) I agree to an extent. Someone posted last night about someone saying her baby would be stillborn, and in that case, I would delete the person right away. I wouldn't even try to discuss it. In the case of politics or religion though, I say if you can't argue your point, you probably have no idea what you're actually standing for.

• imageAliciaS1411:

I completely agree about Valentines day. I actually really hate the holiday because it's the day before my birthday, so growing up, EVERYONE always forgot about my birthday! (including my own mother one year!!) 

I am excited for you!!! Oh and any more craziness happening at your apartment?
  • imageMsMommyDoc:

Sushi is gross. I've tried it and hated it. Cold and raw fish? No thanks. And some people get pretentious about it as if they are classy or posh because they eat it, Gag!

Team Toaster Strudel!

Yes and yes.

I think second baby showers are tacky and gift grabby unless there is a significant age difference between siblings.  I know a lot of the time the moms-to-be have nothing to do with the planning of said second baby shower, but we've made it quite clear we don't want one.  We don't need anything and would be embarassed to have another shower.  Yes, every baby should be celebrated, but there are ways to celebrate a birth without having a shower.

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imageGracieBlue:

Me too! My dad's family had a little "service" before my grandparents' 85th birthday party and my aunt read this out loud to everyone for the kids there (all 5 of them). I just kept thinking, when will this be over!

• I agree with Allison on #4 & 6.
    I like Valentines day too. Unfortunately, I was stupid & decided to get married on the 20th. DH's birthday is on the 17th. We celebrate all 3 the same way every year. Go away for the weekend & go out for a nice dinner. It's getting boring.
    #6. I'm getting sick of hearing people whine that others are so mean. Get a grip or go back to your fantasy world. Or maybe get a sense of humor? I like that I can give my honest opinion here. I'm not going to sugarcoat it so you don't cry.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • imageMsMommyDoc:
    imageallisonmarie22:

I'm done.

Did I  miss the whinypants over this? I didn't really think of it as a clique and even though I may not be part of it I don't really care. I still comment and join in when I have something to say. Who the he!l was complaining about it, what is this high school?  Grow up we are all adults and can choose to like some more than others, and some not at all! I think pregnancy "hormones" excuse is making the neurotic come out in some.

There's a clique?  How does that all work?  You sign up to be in it?  Is there a piece of paper that circulates with "Will you be my friend check yes or no?" or is it those that are on here 24/7 and just post all day long??  I don't get it.  And who cares?  I post on what I want to post on and don't care who is on that thread...I'm so confused by this... 

Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• imagesocialmediamommy:
    imageallisonmarie22:

Yes 

YesYes  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageallisonmarie22:

I love that you use butthurt too!

Holly, I could hug you with all your UO today!

I don't mind Valentines Day, but getting a card because it's a holiday seems stupid. That said, if DH surprises me with something this year, I'll be a big ball of hormone mush.

I hate when people spell "Janine" with an extra e to make it "Jeanine". Looks like "Jeanie." It's said "jah-neen" where the hell did those people learn to spell?! (Hehe I rhymed.) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    imageallisonmarie22:

I'm done.

1) I agree. I'm a moron lately though and I keep posting on the wrong elfin board!

2) I agree again. I also hate when people vote just to vote. I think that when they really started pushing my generation to all vote, it gave us a lot of stupid votes. Would we rather be a nation of few-informed voters, or vast-misinformed-or-not-informed-at-all voters?

5) Where is their clique talk?! lol I guess Im in the clique too then. we're not mean or anything! (most of the time..)

7) I agree to an extent. Someone posted last night about someone saying her baby would be stillborn, and in that case, I would delete the person right away. I wouldn't even try to discuss it. In the case of politics or religion though, I say if you can't argue your point, you probably have no idea what you're actually standing for.

There was some clique talk on Tuesday. Maybe I shouldn't use the term clique. I'm referring to the group of us (albeit a large group) that have come to know and care about each other over the last months. Maybe I should say if you desire to be part of our "community" then you need to make an effort. 

Clique may be sort of harsh...and have some negative connotation.

• I think flaming is rude and uncalled for.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and don't have to agree, but making someone feel bad for their choices in their life is unnecessary and hurtful.

If someone has a question, making fun of that question isn't helpful, but giving an answer is.

Adults who never mature out of the range of a highschool child really irritate me.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• imageallisonmarie22:
    imageAliciaS1411:
    imageallisonmarie22:

I'm done.

There was some clique talk on Tuesday. Maybe I shouldn't use the term clique. I'm referring to the group of us (albeit a large group) that have come to know and care about each other over the last months. Maybe I should say if you desire to be part of our "community" then you need to make an effort. 

Clique may be sort of harsh...and have some negative connotation.

F it! That was my point haha! I really never saw it that way but then again I'm not insane!

• imagetopaz7777:

I think flaming is rude and uncalled for.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and don't have to agree, but making someone feel bad for their choices in their life is unnecessary and hurtful.

If someone has a question, making fun of that question isn't helpful, but giving an answer is.

Adults who never mature out of the range of a highschool child really irritate me.

I am a nice person but I disagree....some questions deserve flames and sarcasm....like when people ask if they can do anything to prevent their child from being left handed or people who think fisting makes child birth easier...just saying

• imagetheabbey5:
    imageMsMommyDoc:
    imageallisonmarie22:

I'm done.

There's a clique?  How does that all work?  You sign up to be in it?  Is there a piece of paper that circulates with "Will you be my friend check yes or no?" or is it those that are on here 24/7 and just post all day long??  I don't get it.  And who cares?  I post on what I want to post on and don't care who is on that thread...I'm so confused by this... 

Yup.

BabyFruit Ticker

image       image

• I agree on the Valentine's Day thing. It is a dumb holiday for the card people and the chocolate people to make money.

I prefer pop-tarts, but that is just me.

I think some people take the internet way too seriously. You should not let some stranger get you all "butthurt" because they think your comment is stupid. If you have issues with people on this board, ignore them, or better yet leave!

But then again, it makes good entertainment. (so I am torn) Stick out tongue

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageGracieBlue:
    imagehollyg1920:

Yes!!  In my family this is a common event.  I have conveniently had other plans every time one of these three ring circuses come to town.  At one everyone was required to dress up as pirates.  Yeah.

I completely agree with you! To me it sounds like a mother who cant let go lol And why does everyone always say "I tear up every time I read this!" I don't get it...

Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehollyg1920:
    imagetopaz7777:

I think flaming is rude and uncalled for.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and don't have to agree, but making someone feel bad for their choices in their life is unnecessary and hurtful.

I am a nice person but I disagree....some questions deserve flames and sarcasm....like when people ask if they can do anything to prevent their child from being left handed or people who think fisting makes child birth easier...just saying

Haha the whole fisting post was hilarious! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My UO is that I don't believe pregnancy is a "pass" to eat whatever you want without repercussions. Hey, if you want to - have at it, girl! But, among all the other unsolicited comments/advice I've gotten from co-workers lately...I've had more than I can count saying to me, "Oh, you're pregnant, you can TOTALLY eat that whole cake without sharing". Yea, I could. But it's not because I'm pregnant. Like I've suddenly become a garbage disposal because there's a 1 pound person taking up residence in my body. It's really irritating to me. That's all I've got for today.
  • I don't mind Valentine's Day, but I do think that it's an adult holiday. It is for lovers/couples. Moms shouldn't buy V-Day gifts for their babies. Babies shouldn't send their grandma a V-Day card. To me, that's just weird.

This goes for other holidays as well. I see posts on TB all the time... "what are you getting LO for St. Patty's Day?" (a drinking holiday!) "what are you getting LO for July 4th?" Stop using random holidays as an excuse to buy crap for your kid. They are going to grow up expecting gifts for every little thing.

• ITA about Valentines day- why the he!! would I want to celebrate my love on a day named after a freaking massacre?? Stupid if you ask me! 

I like the fact that my son wants to stay in bed, watch cartoons and cuddle until around 10am EVERY DAY! I know there is controversy about letting kids watch TV but I like being lazy and I love the cuddles I get!

I think that people who expect there to be no flames or sarcasm on an open forum full of strangers is naive. I make fun of people in person for stupid a$$ questions so why wouldn't I do it here? 

I think if you preface the post with "this may be stupid but..." then you don't even deserve to have your post opened. If you think it's stupid why ask it? Why not freakibg google it? It takes longer to write a post on the bump about it than to type it into google and search. Im actually becoming tempted to use the let me google that for you link in these posts!

I think that may be all for now but I may have more later! 

• I don't like to use Chat. Sometimes I feel like I would just be a stalker because I generally don't have much to add.

Also, it creeps me out to feel the baby. To me it feels like a weird gas, but without pain.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I don't hate Valentines day. We don't make a huge deal out of it, but I think hating it is wasted energy. Most holidays are "fake" to some extent. But to make myself a hypocrite, I don't like St Patricks day. I've never had a fun one, it's dangerous to drive, and corn beef and cabbage is like orphanage food, not holiday food. 

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • imageKatie829:

Also, it creeps me out to feel the baby. To me it feels like a weird gas, but without pain.

I can see how you feel this way. I am sitting here and the every now and again I feel the baby kicking or moving. I am like "oh, that was interesting." It is a werid feeling.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageashcurious:
    imageKatie829:

I can see how you feel this way. I am sitting here and the every now and again I feel the baby kicking or moving. I am like "oh, that was interesting." It is a werid feeling.

Agree. Now that she's moving so much it is really weird. I thought I would love the feeling but it's creepy. Husband agrees, that's why I press my belly against him. :)

• I know I've said it but will say again. If it's not in the original HDBD post, I'm not looking at it.

I'm liking Facebook more than TB a little bit everyday. 

• imageashcurious:
    imageKatie829:

I LOVE that feeling. I woke up this morning and the first thing I felt was *tap tap*.  I LOVE it!!  :)

• imageallisonmarie22:
    imageashcurious:
    imageKatie829:

I LOVE that feeling. I woke up this morning and the first thing I felt was *tap tap*.  I LOVE it!!  :)

I wish my husband could feel like. I think it would feel more real. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I'm pretty confident this will be an unpopular opinion...

I think people who get epidurals are crazy.

The thought of being incapacitated like that and being told you have to push or have people move your legs/body for you..no thank you. Gee I wonder why the c-section rate is so high? No one lets their body do it naturally. you don't want to feel pain and you pump drugs into you so that your body will progress faster.

It boggles my little igloo mind that people would go into labour hoping for an epidural. 

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"