Nurseries and Baby Gear

Pottery Barn anywhere chair?

Does any one have this chair? Do you like it? Anyone have anything similar that they like? Oversized or regualr? I'm thinking about getting it for my daughters first birthday... Thanks! 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pottery Barn anywhere chair?

• I got DS one for Christmas and we like it a lot.  I went with the regular one and it's a good size.  I can sit in it so I don't think he'll be outgrowing it anytime soon.  The oversized chair might be huge for a 1 year old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• We also got DD the regular one for Christmas, and it is just great- it will last a LONG time.  Like pp said, I can fit in it.
    Married 10.27.07
    DD 11.20.10
    BFP #2 8.25.12 M/C 9.3.12
    BFP #3 10.25.13 EDD 7.8.14

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have one and love it. It's super cute! They also have a similar version at Land of Nod that is also cute. It just depends on what shape you like. We went with PBK because we have the glider and I liked that the two would sort of match. I'm crazy like that. :)
  • Got the regular size for DD's first birthday. She loves it!
  • The last family I worked for (I was a nanny) had 2 of these chairs and I love them and were purchased for thier 1st b'days. The kids found them VERY comfy and really enjoyed sitting in them, especially when they got to watch their favorite movie or while having quiet time w/a book. Removing the cover to wash it was also really easy and the fabric held up very well. I also plan on purchasing one for my LO as well. I will say that the regular size is cute and sized for babies, but they grow out of them very quickly, so if you had to choose, I'd say go w/the oversized one b/c it will last you a lot longer, even if it's too big in the begining!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagesanriobaby:
    The last family I worked for (I was a nanny) had 2 of these chairs and I love them and were purchased for thier 1st b'days. The kids found them VERY comfy and really enjoyed sitting in them, especially when they got to watch their favorite movie or while having quiet time w/a book. Removing the cover to wash it was also really easy and the fabric held up very well. I also plan on purchasing one for my LO as well. I will say that the regular size is cute and sized for babies, but they grow out of them very quickly, so if you had to choose, I'd say go w/the oversized one b/c it will last you a lot longer, even if it's too big in the begining!

I really don't see how the regular size could be outgrown very quickly.  DS is almost 2 and is nowhere near outgrowing the regular size.   I think my 4 year old nephew would fit well in it for another year or more.  It sounds like they had the My First Anywhere chair which is smaller than the regular size.  That one I would definitely skip because I can see how it wouldn't last long.

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• DD is almost 3 and still fits in her anywhere chair WITH a few stuffed friends.  The regular is a great size and not likely to be outgrown anytime soon in our house!  I agree with the other posters that I fit in her chair.  The oversized is unnecessary.

Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• imagekatcarls:
    I got DS one for Christmas and we like it a lot.  I went with the regular one and it's a good size.  I can sit in it so I don't think he'll be outgrowing it anytime soon.  The oversized chair might be huge for a 1 year old.

I agree with all of this, my husband likes to sit in it if he's playing video games. I'll add though to think through the color- I got the dark blue thinking it would hide dirt but neglected to think about all of the milk and slobber stains. I wish I would have gotten a lighter color.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought one for my oldest when she was roughly 1 and she loved it!  I went with the regular hybrid size.

She still sits in it from time to time. My youngest LOVES it. After almost 4 years, it still looks like new!

Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • My mom got DD one for Christmas and she loves it!  She is always sitting in it and will curl up if she's watching a movie.  The regular size is plenty big.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • A family I used to nanny for had one for their daughter and had her name embroidered on the back of it.  I used it to take all of her monthly milestone pictures and I am considering doing the same for our boys.  The chair held up really well ( I was with them for 2 1/2 years) the cover was easily washable and the fabric held up great.  Would for sure recommend them and suggest you think about personalizing them too. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We bought one for DS for his birthday and he LOVES it. We bought the regular size and it's plenty big enough. I don't see him outgrowing it any time soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the oversized and it's HUGE. I swear I saw a ton of recs for the oversized so that's why I went with that but regular wouldve been plenty big. 

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• We bought DS the regular sized chair a year ago. It is plenty big for him.  I can even sit in it comfortably with no problem!  I've washed it multiple times and it still looks great. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS got the oversized one for Christmas... he was 20 months.  Its not huge.

They are good quality, most of my friends with kids have them and they have all held up well.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"