3rd Trimester

How to entertain the Mommie-to-be?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: How to entertain the Mommie-to-be?

• What's the weather like where you live? Something outside if she likes being outside. What are her hobbies? What does she like?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Get her hair done up? Even if it is just a style session? Or go to a movie, duh. That would be your best bet. Cheap, takes a couple hours, and you get to sit down. Snacking is pretty light so shouldn't ruin lunch. Or simply watch a movie @ your house. I like movies, so hopefully she does too, otherwise this suggestion is a flop.
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I say go with the mani-pedi idea- literally not one of the pregnancy websites I have been on say that it's unsafe to get your nails done while pregnant, as long as the pedicure lady knows not to touch or massage the backs of the pregnant lady's ankles (apparently there's a vein or nerve or something that could bring on contractions), but other than that it's supposed to be just fine.
  • take her to get her hair blown out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker on my phone
  • imageFizzyBride:
    I say go with the mani-pedi idea- literally not one of the pregnancy websites I have been on say that it's unsafe to get your nails done while pregnant, as long as the pedicure lady knows not to touch or massage the backs of the pregnant lady's ankles (apparently there's a vein or nerve or something that could bring on contractions), but other than that it's supposed to be just fine.

I would go take her for a mani/pedi as well.  I have gone 3 or 4 times and after 1st trimester my doc said it was fine. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Botanical garden or art museum?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like the movie idea (provided she enjoys watching movies). She can relax. If they have the seat with the railing in front of it, she could even put her feet up. And I agree, light snacks or no snacks would work there. I prefer not to drink at the movies though because I already pee like every 15 or 20 minutes haha.
  • I like the getting her hair done idea...and maybe make-up. I'd feel amazing if someone did that for me and then I'd be picture ready. So sweet of you to be doing all of this for her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Go to the movies. That will be something she won't be able to do for a while after baby comes. :)
  • Recently took a girlfriend out with another girlfriend, and all three of us were preggo and we did pedicures. Unless you work in the nail salon I don't think the fumes will cause any serious concern.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    • How about one of those 'paint your own pottery' studios? It'll kill some time and she can create a one of a kind keepsake for her baby.
    • Maybe a short class of some sort (baking, cooking, art, etc)
    • A prenatal massage 
    • I think a pedi sounds best!

although the other ideas are all fun on their own, I think I'd be too tired for the actual shower (mine was exhausting) if I did something first.

• What fumes from a mani/pedi are your referring lol I just had one done today?

Go for coffee and chat, a movie, depending on where you live go for walk, people watch at the mall lol or look for other things not baby related, catch a movie time depending.

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "