3rd Trimester

Question for 2+ Moms: Bloody Show? (obviously TMI)

Morning ladies. I am a 2nd time mom but had to be induced with DS and never had any true labor symptoms.  I just went to the bathroom and thick mucous streaked with brown blood. According to WTEWYE, "labor is only days away". Has this been true for anyone else? I am trying for a VBAC so I am incredibly antsy for labor to start. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker
Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15

Re: Question for 2+ Moms: Bloody Show? (obviously TMI)

• I went into labor with ds the day I lost my mucus plug. Good luck! Hope it's soon for you!
  • It can go either way honestly. I've known friends who's bloody show and mucous plug didn't come out until literally minutes before pushing and others who lost is weeks before labor. Definately a step in the right direction!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had mine and my water broke like an hour later and wham bam thank you ma'am I was in labor!  Good luck! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageASK81906:
    I went into labor with ds the day I lost my mucus plug. Good luck! Hope it's soon for you!

Me too, though I know that's not always the case.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm pretty sure I lost mine after my cervical check at my appt on Friday. A big ole glob and blood in the toilet.  I've been spotting a bit of brown blood since.  I'm hoping to go early, but not this early, I'm only 36w3d.....
  • If you haven't had an internal exam in the past day or so, that's much more promising.  I lost mine about an hour before labor last time.

This time, I think I've been losing bits of my mucus plug for a week or so (I have no idea), but I haven't had any bloody show. 

• I went into labor with DS a couple of days after I lost my mucos plug. I've read that it can mean nothing as well because it can regenerate. Given how far along you are, I suspect you're getting close.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • after I lost my bloody mucous plug- I had my baby within 28 hours. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my second I had him within hours of of bloody show.  Yours sounds more like a mp then bloody show.  I lost my mp a few days before then the day I had him it was bright red blood.  GL!
    Wedding 6.18.04 Cole 11.20.06 Gavin 3.31.08 Parker 07.15.10 Logan 04.03.12
  • I lost my MP on a wed, bloody show on sat and labor early monday moning. good luck! 

• With DD, I lost mine a week before I went into labor...
    BabyName Ticker imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I had my blood show about 13 hours before DD was delivered (in active labor)
    Me- 28 DH- 36 Diagnosis- MFI IVF baby #1- DD, 2 years old MC at 6 weeks in Feb 2011 (FET) IVF #2- BFP! IVF baby #2- DD, 4 months old
  • I lost my mucus plug 10 days before my daughter was born. I did wake up 4 days before whe was born with cramping and bloody show. I had contractions for the next three nights before she was born. Sounds like baby should be here soon!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I never had bloody show until my water broke with #1. With #2, I had it days before delivery. It's a good sign your cervix is dilating.
    My "Irish twins" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

pPROM at 27 weeks, Birdy born at 28 weeks at 2lb 7oz.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"