June 2011 Moms
Options

Stomach sleepers

Recently, DD has decided that she likes sleeping on her belly. We put her down on her back, then she rolls over and sleeps on her stomach. I know "they" say that once a baby can roll over, it's ok to let them sleep like that.

Here's my question: We have a video monitor, and sometimes it looks like her face is flat down on the mattress, not sideways. If we notice, we'll move her face so it's sideways. But, this is all happening in the middle of the night, so we are usually sleeping. Do you move your LO's face so that it's sideways? Or do you just let LO sleep however she/he fell asleep?

Lilypie - (eo79)
 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Stomach sleepers

• Options
    DD has been a stomach our side sleeper for a couple of months now. I just let her sleep however she positions herself. I'm pretty low-key when it comes to stuff like that, though.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lexi does that sometimes, but I've never turned her head for her. I figure either she can breathe like that or she'll turn her head. Scared me to death at first but I got used to it. Nothing I can do about it if i don't sit by her crib all night! 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I usually go in and turn his body or head if he looks likes he's in a weird position.  But I only do this once before I get into bed.  He just started to sleep on his belly though.. so I may still be a bit paranoid. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I let Callie sleep however she lands. But she usually sleeps with her head to the side as far as I've noticed.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    I leave him... I turned him once then I just figured he was comfy and ok....
    image 36weeks in image 36ish weeks out Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCarlaAndJames:
    Lexi does that sometimes, but I've never turned her head for her. I figure either she can breathe like that or she'll turn her head. Scared me to death at first but I got used to it. Nothing I can do about it if i don't sit by her crib all night! 

All of this. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS has been a belly sleeper for some time now. We normally just put him either on his belly or on his side. And YES he definitely sleeps face down sometimes. When I put him down I make sure his head is to the side and if he's sleep and I'm up and I notice he's face down I usually turn his head.

However, I do agree with the other Moms. I know he can breathe otherwise he'd turn his head but I don't think its anything to be concerned about. But you have to do what you're comfortable with. 

• Options

imageCarlaAndJames:

This exactly. The first few nights E started sleeping on her stomach I swear I woke every half hour to check the monitor, but that can't go on forever! Every night that went by the more I started trusting that she'll move if she has to. Now I actually place her on her stomach (gasp!) because all she does when I put her on her back is fuss around until she finds her "spot".

• Options

imagemari_gold:
    DD has been a stomach our side sleeper for a couple of months now. I just let her sleep however she positions herself. I'm pretty low-key when it comes to stuff like that, though.

Same here. This is why babies get a firm mattress right?  

• Options

imageRemmieRis:
    DS has been on his stomach for a couple months now. He just won't sleep any other way.  If I see his head flat down, I will turn it to the side. But like PP said, I can't sit by his crib all night. So other than that, I leave him be.

this!

DS 9 SD 9 SS 15~ N born an Angel at 41 weeks 03-05-2005~ BFP 08-25-10 m/c 09-02-10~ BFP 09-30-10 EDD 06-09-11 Welcome K 06-01-11!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"