July 2012 Moms

So, my plans for VBAC aren't looking good.

I had to have a physical and blood work for my new job. My platelets came back at 98k. The didn't start dropping until much later in my pregnancy last time. I'm kind of upset and pissed off. On top of most likely needing to schedule a c/s at 39 weeks, I'll most likely be put on steroids pretty soon, which are going to make me blow up like an effing balloon and be a crazy b*tch. Lovely.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So, my plans for VBAC aren't looking good.

• imageHi725:
    I had to have a physical and blood work for my new job. My platelets came back at 98k. The didn't start dropping until much later in my pregnancy last time. I'm kind of upset and pissed off. On top of most likely needing to schedule a c/s at 39 weeks, I'll most likely be put on steroids pretty soon, which are going to make me blow up like an effing balloon and be a crazy b*tch. Lovely.

oh no that sucks :(  i'm hoping for a vbac also so lets see how that goes..
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I am so sorry. And I hear you on the steroids, blah. 
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • that sucks.  sorry to hear.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • poo on a shoe that sucks :( for u and ppl around u hormones are enough to drive u batty but steroids on top u'll be the hulk of pregnancy hormones :(
    image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehijoi:
    Dumb question: are the steroids to help your platelet count? If so, why won't they still let you try (if that's the reason they won't let you VBAC)?  I have no idea, as I will be a RCS regardless of anything else, but I can understand why you'd be upset. Boo on that!

hijoi, the steroids are to keep my platelets elevated, but there are no guarantees. They went up and down like a roller coaster last time and I needed a platelet transfusion and a stress dose of steroids through the IV right before labor. Also, I had significant unexplained polyhydramnios, which my doc thinks may have been partially caused by the steroids. There are too many risks associated with that for her to let me go vaginally after a c-section, placental abruption, cord accident, higher risk of rupture, etc. 

I was upset yesterday, but at this point all I care about is that the platelets stay high enough for a spinal. I really don't want to be knocked out for the delivery. That would suck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"