2nd Trimester

fetal bladder issues

I posted a couple of weeks ago about our baby's bladder being full and prominent on the US.  Hoped it was just bad timing, but I have had 2 US this week with a perinatologist and it is still very large and full.  Had a CVS yesterday because fetal treatment options vary depending on cause.  This could be a result of a chromosomal issues or it could be a mechanical issue-- obstruction.

Just frustrated and hating the wait of trying to figure out the issue.  CVS results will most likely be back tomorrow and we have another appt. with the perinatologist on Monday.

Baby needs to pee-- amniotic fluid will be insufficient if LO doesn't pee, therefore lungs will not develop.

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this and the fetal interventions?

TIA 

Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
Me: 39 DH: 36
BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: fetal bladder issues

• Aww poor baby, I know how it feels to not be able to pee. That's absolutely horrible! I don't know anything and have never heard of this before, but just wanted to say I pray they can do something fast and everything will be okay. Thoughts and prayers with you and baby. Also how far along are you?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hello ;-) My baby had a full bladder on two ultrasounds that were two weeks apart. My last u/s a few days ago showed an empty bladder ;-) good luck!
    ~Heather~ TTC Since 12/2009
    Septated uterus, pcos (on metformin), MTHFR
    Clomid # 1- July 2010 = BFN / #2 Sept 2010= BFN
    IVF#1 - 1/2011 = BFN (Severe AF started 7dpo)
    IVF#2 - 3/2011 = Ectopic
    Aug 2011- FE - Thaw all - cancelled - embryos didn't make it!
    Oct 2011 - IVF#3 = BFP!! ~ TWINS!!
    Said goodbye to Twin B @ 9w5d
    Hudson Edward ~ Pprom 18 wks 2/16/12 - We love you forever. You have our hearts.
    8/15/12 5dFET = BFP! ~ Said goodbye at 7wks gestation
    11/9/12 5dFET = BFP! ~ Said goodbye at 5wks gestation
    12/28/12 - Septated Uterus Found (was misdiagnosed as bicornuate!)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"