2nd Trimester
Options

Need some thoughts on names...

My husband and I like the name Daniel. That's the first boy name we agreed on. His name is John, so we thought either Daniel John or John Daniel. I think they both sound good. Also for a girl I like the name Kaydence or Madelyn. What do you girls think?
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Need some thoughts on names...

• Options
    Daniel John is so cute & I also love the name Kaydence for a girl. Very original & different. Good luck on picking a name :) 
  • Options

I like both boy names.. I think John Daniel flows a little better.

I like Kaydence!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think Daniel John would be better so that you do not have 2 John's in the house.

Both my grandfathers were John, I have an uncle John, a cousin John, and a brother John---  can get very confusing at times. 

Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
    Me: 39 DH: 36
    BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
    PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
    Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
    No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
    Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
    Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
    August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
    September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
    October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
    Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think John Daniel flows better than Daniel John.  I actually have an uncle born on St. Patrick's day named John Patrick and another uncle named Daniel Logan (they are brothers).  I like both of the girl names but prefer the spelling Madeline.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I like both boys names, but prefer John Daniel. I grew up with a guy who had that as a double name --- so cute. 

Madelyn is nice. I hate Kaydence.  

MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options
    Thanks, yeah I think John Daniel flows a little better, but my husband actually doesn't care for his name, so I don't know we might just go with Daniel John. my fathers name is also John so as long as it's in there some where that's all that matters. I love Kaydence too, but my name is Carolyn so I thought it would be cute to have the ending be the same as mine. Also my Daughter's name is Allison and I think both sound good with her name. I just can't wait to find out the sex, it's driving me crazy :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

What would you prefer to call him?  If Daniel, go with Daniel John.  If John, go with John Daniel.  I think both sound nice.

I like both girls' names but prefer them spelled Cadence and Madeline.  Both are pretty names.

• Options
    I really like Daniel! Madelyn goes very well with it! Perfect sibset:)
    First Baby Due: July 2012 Check out my blog: FordsintheFastlane.blogspot.com
  • Options

SmileI like all the names!

I think that your husband's name would be better as a middle name.  I think a lot of boys don't like being a namesake when they get older and Daniel John sounds really nice.

Both the girl names are pretty.  They are different, but not difficult to pronounce or anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    I like Daniel, and Madeline if you scrap the "y". 

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Options

I like Daniel John. I don't really love either of your girl names but Madelyn gets my vote.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your input, we will know here pretty soon if it's a boy, I can't wait ;)
  • Options

I love love LOVE Daniel! It was actually my name of choice if we have a boy, because I love the story of Daniel in the Bible, but my husband hates it. Ugh.

I prefer Daniel John. I'm really, really sorry if this spoils the name for you, but I also happen to love the name Jack, and I really wish I could have called my son Jack Daniel, but I'm not naming him after a whiskey! To me, John Daniel sounds too much like Jack Daniels. Then again, that's probably because I spent so long crying out "whhhhhhhhy? WHHHHHHY couldn't it be called Bruce Daniel or Jacob Daniel or ANYTHING BUT JACK?".

• Options

Daniel John

Madeline. I prefer traditional spellings.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No actually I love Daniel John too. I know what you mean and I hate it when you love a name but you can't help but think of the one time you met a horrible or irritating person with the same name. It really chaps my hide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"