2nd Trimester

Men's Diaper Party

Have any of you ever heard about this or have had husbands/boyfriends go to one?  So apparently, the guys get together during the baby shower or anyother day/night and bring a box/pack of diapers for the father to be.  It really is just an excuse for the guys to get together and drink, but it helps the stock pile. Just owndering if it is cheesy or not.  Not that we would plan a formal party, but one of my girlfriends suggested her boyfriend organize it for us.  Also... I have heard that BRU has adiaper exchange policy, in cae you have too  many of one size, you can exchange for another size... is that true?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Men's Diaper Party

• I think that is a rockin' idea!
  • NO way! It's so great! My SIL and best friends have had one! So much fun for the guys. The dad provides the beer and the guests bring diapers. Man the amount of diaper that you get is GREAT! We plan on having one in May the same weekend I have my baby shower ;-)  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • One of DHs friends threw him one before DS was born and it was AMAZING! It was really just a big poker game with lots of friends, but everyone brought some diapers and/or wipes. DH ended up bringing home over 900 diapers of varying sizes and multiple packs of wipes. We didn't have to buy diapers for DS for a very very long time; it was such a blessing! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've heard of this, my SO is all for it! Ha I'm not surprised! That was actually one of the first things that one of his friends suggested. I think it's cute for them and it gets diapers for us! :)

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I love the Diaper Party idea!

Baby showers are great, but you end up with a lot of cutesy stuff you don't need.  This party gets you stockpiled on something you will need!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • They're pretty common around here. Guys get together, drink beer, grill, shoot the shiit, and everyone brings diapers. People rack up!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Yeah, I told DH I want him to have one soon after we found out I was pregnant. Apparently no one I know has ever heard of it. From what I've been told you can return diapers to Walmart & exchange without a receipt. Our roommates had to when their girl was a baby. Just as long as it hasn't been opened! 
  • Big Smile Yep! My boys already have this plan for Babe. It's true, it's an excuse for them to get drunk, but I think it's a great idea. Makes Babygirl not all about me. She's half his after all. Yes
    Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was actually thinking of having my husband do one!  My brother-in-law had one, my nephew was born in December and they still haven't had to buy diapers!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"