July 2012 Moms

Sneezing and teeth brushing

I hate them both.  My ute always gets sharp pains when I sneeze, and I pee a little.  And brushing my teeth almost always makes me throw up violently (I pee a little then too).

/rant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sneezing and teeth brushing

• imagechristyp80:

I hate them both.  My ute always gets sharp pains when I sneeze, and I pee a little.  And brushing my teeth almost always makes me throw up violently (I pee a little then too).

/rant

OMG ME EFFING TOO!  ugh, thank G-d its not just me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I now have to brush my teeth later in the morning and earlier in the evening to prevent gagging/throwing up.  so now I wait to eat breakfast and walk around a little before brushing my teeth.  And then I brush my teeth at around 7-8pm.  Somehow this all helps.  Hope you are able to find some way to help!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't throw up, but I gag pretty bad when I brush my teeth and I don't dare try to brush my tongue or roof of my mouth (I think I would throw up then). When I cough, sneeze or blow my nose I have to bend over so it doesn't hurt. Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy! Who's idea was this again!? Oh yeah, MINE!
  • I can sneeze but whenever someone makes me laugh I'm holding my sides cause it hurts so much I'm sitting there like an idiot going 'hahah! stop! hahaha! it's hurt's! hahaha! don't make me laugh!' Which of course leads most people to make funny faces and I laugh more, grrr. Brushing my teeth is a horror, I have to avoid brushing my tongue and breathe through my mouth, if you breathe through the mouth it seems to makes it harder for your body to throw up.  
    I'm ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike bar. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hum while you brush your teeth!  I gagged every time I would brush my teeth.  My sister is a dental hygienist so I asked her for advice.  She said to make sure I was breathing through my nose, but that didn't help very much.  I also Googled it and  read to hum while you brush.  Your gag reflexes won't work while you are humming, you can't do both at the same time.  It has really helped me!  I have to hum louder and concentrate more when I brush the back of my teeth and tongue, but I haven't gagged!
    image image 

• Yep, brushing my teeth makes me gag too!!  I've even dry heaved a few times from it (no m/s but this puts me over the edge??).  It's awful but at least I haven't eaten anything at that point yet.  And flossing makes me gag too.  My dentist is going to be SO happy when I see him in 3 weeks.  Oh well, it can't be helped.

Anniversary Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"