3rd Trimester

Thoughts on our girl names...

Hi ladies!

We have narrowed it down to 2 girl names and just wanted to get your thoughts on them...thank you in advance! Both middle names are family names.

Lauren Evelyn

Emerson Claire 

I thought by now we would have a clear standout, but it hasn't been that easy! 

I appreciate it! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Thoughts on our girl names...

• I tend to like less "common" names, so my choice is Emerson Claire.  However, both are great options!
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Love Emerson, it was one we talked about. 

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • Love, love, love Emerson Claire.  Though like a pp, I like the more unconventional names.  We actually looked at old baby names from the 1800s and up to decide on our name.

• I think both are beautiful. I like Lauren Evelyn because I prefer more traditional names, but I think Emerson Claire flows a little better. Have you thought about keeping both and deciding when LO arrives. We were team green and actually went in with 1 boy name, but 2 girl names because we liked both. We agreed right away which one fit DD when she came out.
  • Thank you so much!  I really appreciate the feedback!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • They are both very cute, personally I love Laren Evelyn!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have to say, while I like less traditional names, Emerson makes me think of the poet Ralph Waldo Emerson. As a teacher, if I saw the name Emerson on my roster, I would assume the child was a boy, so although I love Claire, I would vote the other one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like both names, but IMHO, Emerson to me is a boy's name. If I saw it written down somewhere I would assume it was a boy. I like the name Claire though!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • I think it may be one of those things that we wait until we see her.  It's so hard to pick the perfect name without seeing her!  :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Lauren Evelyn.  Lauren Claire would be cute too.

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

• I vote Lauren, it's so pretty. My favorite cousin is named Lauren so I'm a little biased. Emerson is just not my style. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • I absolutely LOVE Lauren Evelyn. Very classic and pretty! I also love Lauren Claire and think it flows a little bit better too.

I consider Emerson to be a masculine name and really don't like it on a girl. Sorry.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Neither. I vote for Lois Lane. (In other words, what do YOU want?)
  • Love Emerson! 
  • Ha!  It changes daily!!  :)  We had our boy name all decided on, but some reason, the girl name is more of a challenge!  

I love hearing the responses from everyone, lots of good thoughts and ideas.  

I do know that some people think of Emerson as a masculine name, so I think that does worry me a bit, but I also think by pairing it with Claire and most likely a nickname of Emmy, there will hopefully be no gender confusion, but it's hard to say.

Thank you all so much!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lauren Evelyn by a landslide.

Emerson is a boy's name.  She would experience gender confusion her whole life.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• I think it is silly to assume a child will experience "gender confusion" their whole life...ridiculous.

Emerson, back in the day, yes, was more of a boys name. Times are changing. I like both names and think Emerson Claire sounds cute. I'd call her Emy for short if I knew her ;)  But like another post said, and I agree.... it is your child. What do YOU like?

•    They are both beautiful names, but I personally like Emerson Claire the best. But, my opinion is a bit biased... We have a niece named Emerson and one of our names we were tossing around this time was Claire. :)

Best of luck to you and your new little addition! :)

• I love Emerson Claire-so pretty!
  • I love Lauren Evelyn!! Evelyn was one of the names I liked for a girl!
  • Lauren Evelyn or Lauren Claire. Very pretty

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • I vote for Lauren. Emerson is cute, but seems a little trendy for me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Emerson Claire is so cute.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Definitely Lauren
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• My choice would def by Emerson Claire.  I LOVE it!  A little different, but classic at the same time!
  • I really like both (obviously since we're naming our daughter Lauren).

They are different naming styles, but I seriously love them both. Emerson is really pretty and definitely not as common.

• I'd go with Lauren Evelyn. Emerson is all boy to me.
  • imageMarxieVonTrapp:

Lauren Evelyn by a landslide.

Emerson is a boy's name.  She would experience gender confusion her whole life.

This!  Also biased as DD will be named Lauren. 

mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • I vote Emerson Claire.

My daughter is Emmerson and we call her Emme :)

Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • I really like the name Emerson...cute!
  • I think I am the minority when I say I have ALWAYS pictured Emerson being a girls name. Possibly because my friend has a DD with the name? Anyways, I love Emerson Claire. Lauren Evelyn sounds a little too clunky for me... Maybe Laurel Evelyn? I think that sounds more "flowy," FWIW.
  • I love the name Emerson! I'm having a girl and naming her Aydin Nicole. Personally I think it is somewhat rude for people to tell you what is a girl's name and what is a boy's name. Go with what you what!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • honestly I think Evelyn Claire is prettier than both of them :)
  • I think you should do Lauren Claire.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"