January 2012 Moms

Baby belly buttons

When did your LO's belly button falls off?

I can't wait until DS's does. (and his circumcision gets the seal of healed approval) I feel so timid about diaper changing and really getting that diaper on with his belly button still there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Baby belly buttons

• DD's belly button fell off right at a week.  It took several days after that before it was healed (bled and oozed a little until then).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • It fell off right at 8 days, but took another week or so to heal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS still hasn't lost his cord & he's 18 days old, it's loose though. His circ healed in about a week, we used lots of Vaseline at every diaper change.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She had an umbilical granuloma so we are still trying to deal with that. The cord fell off at 1w6d but the stump is making me mad! I'd like to give my daughter a real bath.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS's fell off at 10 days old. It definitely did make diaper changes easier.

Jess and Michael Married 10/2006
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD's cord fell off when she was 8 days old.  She had a granuloma, though, and that finally healed up last week after getting some silver nitrate on it at the pediatrician.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Braeden's fell off at 2 weeks exactly.  The last 2 days it was hanging on by just one little piece.  It healed within the next 1-2 days and really didn't bleed or anything afterwards.
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetalitha712:
    DD's cord fell off when she was 8 days old.  She had a granuloma, though, and that finally healed up last week after getting some silver nitrate on it at the pediatrician.

This exactly, except "he" instead of "she" haha!! 

DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Look at all these beautiful babies!!

Elias' cord fell off at 7 days old and was completely healed by 10 days.

Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
    And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
    FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD's fell off a couple days ago. I am not sure if it's healed entirely or not. It was always a tiny stump that didn't impact diaper changers, so I didn't pay too much attention to it.
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Did you all let the umbilical cord be and dry itself or apply alcohol? We were advised to let it be. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Nine days for us.  We didn't do anything to clean it and we were allowed to give LO regular baths (he was in the NICU for the first six days of life).  So he had two baths while he still had his cord.  Healed perfectly!

Circ only took five days to completely heal.  We put A&D ointment on at every diaper change (a lot).  Worked great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"