Babies: 3 - 6 Months

When are they ready for the jumparoo?

How can I tell when DS is ready for the jumparoo?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When are they ready for the jumparoo?

• I would say when they have good head control. My DD absolutely loves her jumperoo. She can't touch the floor quite yet, so I put a pillow under her feet. She jumps and giggles like crazy! I also knew my DD was ready because she loves to stand up while I hold her hands.

Give it a try! Couldn't hurt!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I put him in his before he was 2 months to see how he'd react - he had very good head control from early on, so he could hang out in it, but really didn't know what to do at that point. Now at 5.5 months he is jumping like crazy in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • We tried it at 4+ months and she really didn't like it all that much.  She was too short for it and couldn't really reach for the toys.  She loved the exersaucer so I just decided to put ours together.  6 weeks later, she loves the jumperoo and my aunt gave me hers so we have both in the house.  She is almost 27 in and her feet are flat on the first setting of the exersaucer and only on the balls of her feet on the jumperoo.  She has started to bounce, but no the full on jump yet.  I think they are ready to use both when the have better head control and can put weight on their legs.  I used this for DD till almost 5 months and it kept her from flopping around.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12004387

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If he's got pretty good neck strength and head control you can give it a try. If he likes it - yay! If not, take him out and try it again in a few weeks. :) I think I put C in the exersauser a little before 4 months and she loved it. She just wanted to stand up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTexasBrideOct04:
    If he's got pretty good neck strength and head control you can give it a try. If he likes it - yay! If not, take him out and try it again in a few weeks. :) I think I put C in the exersauser a little before 4 months and she loved it. She just wanted to stand up!

This. DD would just hang out in there at first, but now she's starting to get the hang of it. She doesn't go too crazy yet; mostly just kind of bounces back and forth from one foot to the other, silly thing. Smile

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelincolngirl:
    I put him in his before he was 2 months to see how he'd react - he had very good head control from early on, so he could hang out in it, but really didn't know what to do at that point. Now at 5.5 months he is jumping like crazy in it.

We started about the same time. He is just now starting to press the buttons and grab the toys!! I cant wait till he's older and he starts bouncing! 

ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I put DS in his for the first time yesterday.  He's about two inches too short for the lowest setting, so I put some blankets underneath him.  He's also very slender, so I have to tuck more blankets in around him to keep him from falling over.  He doesn't seem too interested in reaching for the toys on it, but he likes to listen to the ones that make sounds.  We'll probably stick with his floor gym for now, since he's always batting and grabbing at those toys.
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• imagecovertxxamour:

I would say when they have good head control. My DD absolutely loves her jumperoo. She can't touch the floor quite yet, so I put a pillow under her feet. She jumps and giggles like crazy! I also knew my DD was ready because she loves to stand up while I hold her hands.

Give it a try! Couldn't hurt!

This exactly, except we put a box under her feet! She just loves it.

• Since 2 months old my DS has jumped up and down on SO and I's laps when we would hold him in a standing position. He is now 18lbs and 26 inches long (4+months), and needless to say, our thighs were getting bruised. So we went and spent the $90 on our jumperoo. Best baby investment I've ever made next to his crib. He sits for it for hours just jumping up and down (he actually jumps, not bounces). I would say good head and neck control definitely, but I think how I knew DS was ready for one was when I had him in a walker just to play with the toys on the tray and not only did he walk around and scoot, but he stood up and jumped around in the while sitting in the walker seat.
  • Oh I'm excited now!  We bought one for DS last night and just got done cleaning it all up/Clorox-ing the crap out of it (found it - nearly new rainforest jumperoo - on craigslist for $30 - win!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"