August 2012 Moms

JUST FOUND OUT IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Just came back from my 12 week u/s and the doctor said that it was a girl (90%)!! I clearly saw the distinctive '3 lines' on the screen which indicates the female genitalia!  For those of you who do not believe that gender recognition is possible at 12 weeks, my doctor said very firmly that only third world countries did not have the ability to see a baby's sex at 12 weeks (baby's position excluded). My opinion is that doctors in the US are so afraid of being sued by over-sensitive parents-to-be that they refuse to tell them until later on. Fortunately here where I live we do not sue our doctors for trivial things such as stating the gender of the baby. The most important thing anyways for me was to hear that the baby is just fine. Seeing her kicking her long legs and waving her arms was absolutely magic and wonderful. Can't wait to hold her in my arms!!!!

Re: JUST FOUND OUT IT'S A GIRL!!!!

• that's great! i have an appt on the 14th to find out the gender and everyone thinks i'm crazy. LOL.glad to hear this perspective.

-Glo

First Surro Journey:

BabyFetus Ticker

Proud Mommy to:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• i meant when i'm 14 weeks - not on the 14th

-Glo

First Surro Journey:

BabyFetus Ticker

Proud Mommy to:

• Loading the player...
  • May I ask where you live?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I'll just wait until 17 weeks for my elective u/s to find out the gender....Hopefully you don't go back and find out your girl is a boy... I just don't believe that it's possible to say with 90% certainty it's one gender or the other.
  • imagenoah-bear:
    I think I'll just wait until 17 weeks for my elective u/s to find out the gender....Hopefully you don't go back and find out your girl is a boy... I just don't believe that it's possible to say with 90% certainty it's one gender or the other.
  • imagenoah-bear:
    I think I'll just wait until 17 weeks for my elective u/s to find out the gender....Hopefully you don't go back and find out your girl is a boy... I just don't believe that it's possible to say with 90% certainty it's one gender or the other.

I'd also find this more credible if the poster had more than 4 posts.

• imageAmbsies:
    imageJillwithani:

This.

If you are serious, check this out.  Look at how similar the genitalia look at 11 weeks.  You're only one week further than that.  I wouldn't start decorating the nursery just yet.

Ambsies, great link! I agree. My cousin was told she was having a girl during an early ultrasound around 14 weeks, when she went back for an u/s later on in her pg surprise! It was a boy. She had to return a bunch of things she bought.

4 losses- MC in 2006, MMC in February 2012 at 12 weeks and MMC (twins) August 2016 at 12 weeks. Pregnant again- 11/7/16. Another loss on December 28, 2016.

BFP April 23, 2017.  Our triple rainbow baby! EDD: January 2, 2018. It's a boy!
  • imageScout2005:

It has nothing to do with being afraid of being sued. Google "angle of the dangle" and look at the comparison pics. They look practically identical at this fetal developmental stage.

I don't know why you ladies can't wait a few more weeks for a more definitive scan and a more accurate guess, but it's certainly your business. I would be pissed if a tech guessed this early, personally. 

this. don't go buying pink stuff just yet!  

TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
  • imageCHRYSOVAS:
    Just came back from my 12 week u/s and the doctor said that it was a girl (90%)!! I clearly saw the distinctive '3 lines' on the screen which indicates the female genitalia!  For those of you who do not believe that gender recognition is possible at 12 weeks, my doctor said very firmly that only third world countries did not have the ability to see a baby's sex at 12 weeks (baby's position excluded). My opinion is that doctors in the US are so afraid of being sued by over-sensitive parents-to-be that they refuse to tell them until later on. Fortunately here where I live we do not sue our doctors for trivial things such as stating the gender of the baby. The most important thing anyways for me was to hear that the baby is just fine. Seeing her kicking her long legs and waving her arms was absolutely magic and wonderful. Can't wait to hold her in my arms!!!!

Congratulations on finding out you're having a girl Yes

1).  In your prior post, no one said it was impossible to find out the baby's sex at 12 weeks.  Those of us that were "skeptical" simply stated that the results would not be as accurate as the results from a scan after 16 weeks.  

2).  I honestly have never heard of a patient suing their OB over a misdiagnosis of the baby's sex at an u/s before 16 weeks.  I would guess that most OB's refrain from performing u/s for determining baby's sex prior to 16 weeks due to the lower accuracy levels reported by medical research journals...

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• imageAmbsies:
    imageJillwithani:

This.

If you are serious, check this out.  Look at how similar the genitalia look at 11 weeks.  You're only one week further than that.  I wouldn't start decorating the nursery just yet.

Awesome! And yeah, I'll wait till my a/s TYVM.
  • imageJillwithani:

This. All the OP has done in those 4 posts is try to stir up some drama about finding out the sex super early.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I live in London and i also had the 12 week u/s and was told correctlly the sex of both my children and now i can't wait to see what the third one is!!! I could even see the diffrence, with my daughter i saw right away the 3 lines and with my son it was very clear. I don't understand why so many women can't beleive it.
  • I had my 12 wk 4 day scan yesterday, and while both the tech and doc said it's not 100%, they'd be very surprised given that there was something between the legs that didn't disappear in different positions, if i didnt have a boy.  Is it just clitoromegaly - maybe, but so far my friends who have had boys have all been able to tell at their nuchals.  

I was planning on gender neutral stuff regardless.

Little ones can have so many problems that gender was the least of my concerns.  Even if external genitalia is visible who knows about the internal parts.

On that note, its still really exciting!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"