September 2011 Moms

Really?

I can't believe someone actually made a book called "Go the Fu*k to Sleep." It's inapproprate for children, but a good laugh for adults. Although, I would never purchase it!

Has anyone bought it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Really?

• Saw your post in 3-6.. like I said there, not only do I have and love it, I now buy it as a gift for everyone I know having a baby. It's hilarious. Totally worth the money! We get it out and read it whenever we're having a bad day/night.. laughter keeps me sane! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was bought for us at my baby shower, but it was one of DH's friends that bought it, his wife just had to bring it.  She was embarrassed, but knowing this friend it made sense.  My DH thought it was the funniest thing he ever saw.  He's read it to B once or twice as a joke, and obviously he doesn't understand yet.  I think it's funny, but I wouldn't read it to him with the F word in it anymore.  And once he starts to learn to read, it won't be in his room.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLadyVi33:
    Saw your post in 3-6.. like I said there, not only do I have and love it, I now buy it as a gift for everyone I know having a baby. It's hilarious. Totally worth the money! We get it out and read it whenever we're having a bad day/night.. laughter keeps me sane! :)

And we all need our sanity!!!!! :)  My DH wants to buy it now on for everyone having a baby, too!

• I personally would never buy it, nor would I let Jacob have it on his bookshelf. I'll stick with the sappy books and educational books for him.
  • Yes we do at that. It has gotten me through some tough nights!. Obviously, we don't read it to Jack and it is in OUR room, not his. lol.
  • imageLadyVi33:
    Yes we do at that. It has gotten me through some tough nights!. Obviously, we don't read it to Jack and it is in OUR room, not his. lol.

Exactly.. It's for adults and it's a joke because let's face it, we all think it at times

I wouldn't buy it, but I still see why someone might 

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• There is a book called "what to expect when you're expected" foul language and all but it was kind of funny. 

Also another book called "Breastfeeding Sucks: What to Do when Your Mammaries Make You Miserable" but that one had good info.

My friend bought me a pregnancy book called "skinny ***: bun in the oven" that was a little extreme. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • MIL gave it to me. It was when LO was about a month old, and about a week after DH got into a car accident. I was stressed and really depresed, it made me laugh when I needed it really bad. And it's in our room, not for the boys, at least not until they have kids themselves.
  • We got two as gifts; I don't think it's a big deal and it is funny, but my child will never get a hold of it. :-)
  • We haven't read it yet, but DH's super conservative aunt is the one who told us about it.  She thought it was fabulous and said we HAVE to read it.
  • I got it from friends at my baby shower. It's hilarious, but it's a book for the parents, not to be read to a child.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• There is a You Tube video of Samuel L Jackson narrating it. I'd link, buti'm on my phone. I almost died watching it.
  • A co-worker gave me a copy that he had printed out online.  It is effing hilarious but it is obviously not meant for children.  Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"