April 2012 Moms

Do you rub your belly?

All day long, I catch myself rubbing my belly. Usually, it's because LO is moving around, but I'll even do it if I'm bored. I avoid it when I'm teaching, since it's not quite appropriate, but sometimes I'll feel him squirm for a minute, and the kids will catch me. It makes me feel like I'm holding him, as ridiculous as that sounds. Last weekend at my birthing class, I looked around, and I was the only one touching my baby bump. I couldn't keep my hands off of it! It made me wonder, does anyone else rub their own belly?
Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Do you rub your belly?

• I rub mine, mostly unconsciously. Though a lot of the time, I feel this weird need to put my hand over the kicks, almost like I'm holding the babies in or something, because they otherwise might kick right through.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do :)  I catch myself doing it and get embarrassed but I like doing it too, it does feel like you're holding them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I do all the time. It seems to be a way to show affection I guess. I love our little bean, and sometimes I just wrap my arms around my belly and hug it (only at home though haha)
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • All.the.time. I don't even care if people are watching me! ;)

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Yes! I love it. I don't care where or when. I don't get embarassed by it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All. The. Time. I love my bump and love feeling him kick on the inside and outside at the same time. I'm totally that obnoxious pregnant lady that won't stop touching her own belly even when it's vaguely inappropriate.
  • All the time! Even when I'm at school with kids in my office. Since I'm generally sitting, my hands are usually at the top of my tummy or resting around it by my lap.
    Mr and Mrs EST 8.19.06

DD#1 3.28.12
  • I always put my hand on my belly when the baby is moving.  I can't get enough of feeling our little one in there!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageCPhillz:
    I do..all the time. Usually I find one of my hands is always resting on my belly. I'm sure I look weird, but I like it. I feel connected to him...it is like you're holding them! I also "play" with him every morning. When I wake up, I roll onto my back and rub my belly. His feet are up by my belly button, and each morning he sticks his little feet out and I push them back and he kicks back. We play that EVERY single morning. I love it. I honestly feel like he has such a personality already!

That's so sweet! I usually do that after dinner when I'm laying on the couch! I'm pretty sure I have little feet right above my belly button, too. 

Micah Leonard
  • I love it that so many of you are doing this! I seriously felt like a freak last weekend!
    Micah Leonard
  • Yep for sure. I actually find moms that don't touch their belly at all slightly weird . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I do it all the time even if she isn't moving! 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • DH says I rub it when I see babies and even more when they cry.  I'm sure I rub it while I'm teaching at times, but not very often.
  • I do it all the time. It sounds stupid, but I feel like I am bonding with the baby that way. I also like feeling the baby kick from the outside, too.
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I rub my belly normally when the baby is kicking! 

• How could you NOT touch it! I am fascinated by my belly, now that it is often rippling and whatnot. It is the coolest thing ever! I touch it all the time, and sometimes I just sit there staring at it move... sigh.

I have turned soppy.

• I do it all the time. Usually when I am sitting at my desk at work or just chilling at home. If he is moving, then I am for sure rubbing my belly to try to feel the movement :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'll come in from the other side. I only rub my stomach when I want strangers to know I'm pregnant, like when I've been standing on the subway for eight stops and no one will offer a seat. Otherwise, no rubs. Hubs does all of that time, though (mine, not his!). Maybe when I'm bigger or feel consistent kicking (stupid AP)...
    Belly Dweller: EDD 04/22/2014
    Big Boy: Born 05/2012
  • imageCPhillz:
    I do..all the time. Usually I find one of my hands is always resting on my belly. I'm sure I look weird, but I like it. I feel connected to him...it is like you're holding them! I also "play" with him every morning. When I wake up, I roll onto my back and rub my belly. His feet are up by my belly button, and each morning he sticks his little feet out and I push them back and he kicks back. We play that EVERY single morning. I love it. I honestly feel like he has such a personality already!

And here I thought I was the only one "playing" with my little one already. Haha...DH calls it our poke wars. He kicks, I poke a little and he kicks again. I usually want to play longer than he does though. ;)

imageimageimage
  • imageerniebufflo:
    I rub mine, mostly unconsciously. Though a lot of the time, I feel this weird need to put my hand over the kicks, almost like I'm holding the babies in or something, because they otherwise might kick right through.

I do this, too!!

I get self-conscious about my belly moving around for others to see.  It's pretty obvious, esp when they kick right at my belly button (the skin is soooo thin there). 

• I rub and talk to it all the time, but I don't do it in public.  Just when the house is really quiet and the kids and hubby are gone.  I've caught myself spending time in my glider just sitting in her room.  Partially because I'm deciding on where to hang everything up on the walls, and also to comfort her (I know she probably doesn't even know we are gliding).  I just like her room and love my new chair!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yup. If I'm not doing something that directly involves the use of my hands I'm usually rubbing my belly =0) 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I do it all the time...it has a very calming affect on me Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"