Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Stretchmarks Help!!!

Hi new momies, I am so in need of tips or reassurance that these stretchmarks will get better or go away with time.  I have them all over my belly and I am wondering if there is anythign out there that you have used that actually works to reducing them. :( bummer
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

Re: Stretchmarks Help!!!

• They should eventually, but I'm not gonna lie.  Mine are still VERY visible.  They've hardly faded at all.  I'm not surprised though, the ones from puberty took forever to go away. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Mine are less red but still super visible to me.  My husband says he doesn't notice them but I think he is just being nice, which is nice of him imo.  I have just used lotion and I actually don't know if there is much else you can do.  The ones on my hips that I aquired at age 12 during my giant growth spurt to the heights of 5ft 2inches didn't turn white for a long time.  This probably doesn't make you feel any better :(

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagea_brasuell:
    Mine are less red but still super visible to me.  My husband says he doesn't notice them but I think he is just being nice, which is nice of him imo.  I have just used lotion and I actually don't know if there is much else you can do.  The ones on my hips that I aquired at age 12 during my giant growth spurt to the heights of 5ft 2inches didn't turn white for a long time.  This probably doesn't make you feel any better :(

We must have the same type of skin.  No

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• imagea_brasuell:
    Mine are less red but still super visible to me.  My husband says he doesn't notice them but I think he is just being nice, which is nice of him imo.  I have just used lotion and I actually don't know if there is much else you can do.  The ones on my hips that I aquired at age 12 during my giant growth spurt to the heights of 5ft 2inches didn't turn white for a long time.  This probably doesn't make you feel any better :(
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Apparently genetics have something to do with them too.

Mine haven't gotten any better. They've actually gotten worse thanks to gravity's effect on the leftover baby pouch. Just be glad you don't have any stretch marks in the groin area where your leg bends. It sucked when a few of them started splitting open. (But if this happens, just slather it in antibiotic ointment and use some waterproof first aid tape to hold the band aid on. :/

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If they're still red you can do like laser therapy and that's supposed to help but if they are already healed I think we're screwed lol.  It's probably super expensive and painful IDK. So lotion it is! 

• Mederma makes stretch mark therapy cream now. I can't testify it's effects because I'm not using it until I'm done bfing, it smells very chemical and I'm a paranoid ftm!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Unfortunately stretch marks are mainly genetic.  Companies make FORTUNES off marketing topical creams and oils to prevent or reduce the appearance of stretchmarks, and most scientists/doctors will tell you these are bogus.

Stretch marks fade with time but won't ever dissapear entirely.  I got them on my breasts (despite only being a B/C cup and barely producing enough milk -- AWESOME) and there are some on my hips/love handle area.  They're kind of a purple color.  I guess I just have to keep convincing myself perfection is overrated.

Laser removal can be helpful if they persist years down the road, but I can think of so many better ways to spend thousands of dollars... :-(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
  • imagegy86:

Stretch marks fade with time but won't ever dissapear entirely.  I got them on my breasts (despite only being a B/C cup and barely producing enough milk -- AWESOME) and there are some on my hips/love handle area.  They're kind of a purple color.  I guess I just have to keep convincing myself perfection is overrated.

They're like battle scars. (I'm trying hard to love them too.) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are mostly white on my belly, but there are a lot of them. I call them my Stella Stripes, it makes it seem betterSmile

Whatever, it's a small price to pay for my beautiful baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Try Bio-Oil! You can get it at Walgreen's for a fairly cheap price and it works great! Or if you're willing to spend a little extra I hear that Mederma for Stretch Marks works good too.
    image BabyFetus Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • imagegy86:

Unfortunately stretch marks are mainly genetic.  Companies make FORTUNES off marketing topical creams and oils to prevent or reduce the appearance of stretchmarks, and most scientists/doctors will tell you these are bogus.

Laser removal can be helpful if they persist years down the road, but I can think of so many better ways to spend thousands of dollars... :-(

The picture of your baby is so adorable!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"