September 2011 Moms

Who isn't rolling over?

I swear J is stubborn (like his momma, but I won't admit that Wink ).

He pulls his feet up, which makes him roll to the side (he's done this since 2 months or so), but he refuses to flip all the way.  We were SOOO CLOSE on Tuesday, almost did a belly to back, but gave up and got frustrated. 

I'm not the only one...am I?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who isn't rolling over?

• We're not yet either.  She's seemed close for a long time, but hasn't done it yet.

• Evelyn only does it because she hates being on her belly. I don't think she will ever do back to belly.

My first was a little over 5 months when she started to do it. It wasn't until she slept in her crib full time without a swaddle. She would wake up in the morning and practice her rolling. She could go both ways within a week. I loved watching her on the video monitor.

Just give it a little more time!! He will do it Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Abigail (6.2010) and Evelyn (9.2011)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMs5586:

He pulls his feet up, which makes him roll to the side (he's done this since 2 months or so), but he refuses to flip all the way. 

I'm not the only one...am I?

My daughter does the same exact thing but sometimes she sorta rolls over by accident.  She doesnt like it when that happens and she complains until I flip her back over. 

• Same here! We roll on our side but not all the way!
  • Emily rolled belly to back 7 times in one night in december...won't do it since. She rolls onto her side, even sleeps on her side at times.I'm not too concerned...once she starts again I'm sure she will be rolling all over the house.
  • imagemaplehearts:

My first was a little over 5 months when she started to do it. It wasn't until she slept in her crib full time without a swaddle. She would wake up in the morning and practice her rolling. She could go both ways within a week. I loved watching her on the video monitor.

That might be it.  He refuses to give that darn thing up.  We *finally* got one arm out this week.

Like I said...stubborn little man.  I sometimes worry what the toddler and teen years will bring lol.

• imagecmoosey:

D can roll belly to back but not consistently.  He tries back to belly but his arm catches him. 

This is us.  Last week there was one day that G rolled belly to back every time I put him on his belly.  Since then he hasn't really done it.  He can get up on his side from his back but hasn't made it over his arms on his own yet.   

• Sean has only rolled a couple of times, and I think that was only because he was on our soft bed, as opposed to a carpet or rug.

Glad there are others out there, too. I was starting to wonder a little.

• She's done it a handful of times since Thanksgiving, but not very much. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecmoosey:

J is still young, he'll get it.  4-6 is the range of normal.  Also, I've heard larger babies tend to take longer to learn how. 

This is what our pedi told us. Bigger babies often take longer to do it. A can get onto her side from her back and scoot around like crazy on her back, but refuses to move at all when she's put on her tummy. 

DSC01615_zps7bdcc2d4 photo DSC01615_zps7bdcc2d4.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I thought DS was going to before Christmas...he was soo close, but still hasn't.  I'm not too worried, though.
    8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • He rolled over like 10 times in 2 days a couple weeks ago and then nothing since!
  • we are totally a non-rolling family over here lol. LO hates tummy time so no belly to back is going to happen anytime in the near future. She sleeps on her side, but she never makes it further than her side. we are cd-ing and so there is quite alot of fluff between her legs, which I heard can make it alittle more difficult for LO to figure out how to manuever things, but only in the short term...I try to do alot of "naked time" while changing her diaper and let her play around for at least 10 mins with no diaper so she gets an opportunity to explore. She has now learned to stick her feet in her mouth lol...no rolling though!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Max has rolled over both ways but he is not consistent. In fact I'm pretty sure he hasn't done it for several days. I'm not worried about it. Both my nieces didn't roll until they were 6 months old so I'm not too worried about it. 
  • LO rolled over a lot around the 2 month mark but then stopped recently.  He'll just lay on his tummy and scream like a turtle on his back.  So frustrating!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • about two weeks ago he started rolling belly to back...he did it a handful of times but now Ihavent seen him roll in a week...weird right?
  • You're not the only one! Carter rolled tummy to back one time when he was around 12 weeks...it was totally on accident and he hasn't done it since. When you put him on his belly, he gets really mad...not mad enough to try and do anything about it, he just screams. He can sit up on his own for short periods of time, but I don't think he'll be rolling over anytime soon. He is a bigger baby though, so I think that might be why.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My lo has rolled over belly to back but not in awhile. He'll can roll to each side on his back but not all the way over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"