September 2011 Moms

Anyone else have a baby that won't sleep in crib/basinette?

My DD refuses to sleep in her basinette.  She also has not tolerated being swaddled since she was 8 weeks old (she loves to flail around like a crazy seagul).  I've tried putting her in the basinette after she's fallen asleep in my arms and no matter how deep of a sleep she is in she always wakes up and complains until she is moved to her swing or our bed. 

I'm sure there are others out there with this issue.  My son was the exact same way (he's 7 now).  He slept in my bed until he was 18 months old.  I would like to avoid repeating this if possible.  Anyone out there have any reasonable suggestions? 

Re: Anyone else have a baby that won't sleep in crib/basinette?

• Mine hated the basinette, too, so after 6 weeks or so we bought a Rock & Play and that was a lifesaver- she just didn't want to lay flat. She is still in the R&P. I dread having to move her to the crib, but I want to try it soon.

Could she have reflux, making it uncomfortable to lay flat?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• My Pedi said it was fine if she slept in her swing up to 6 months. She slept there for about 3 months and then didn't like it anymore. She is now in her crib, but we did sleep training for that to happen. She never liked the PNP basinette and I think it was because she couldn't see. She would sleep in the PNP if she could be on the bottom so she could look through the mesh.

If it is reflux related like the OP suggested, you could try and raise the head of her crib and see if that helped.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Abigail (6.2010) and Evelyn (9.2011)
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it could be reflux as she lays flat when in our bed.  Your mention of the Rock & Play (although I have no clue what that is) made me think that I should try to put her in the pack & play.  Worth a try, I guess.  Thank you for your input.

• imagemaplehearts:

My Pedi said it was fine if she slept in her swing up to 6 months.

Thank you for this info.  I worried that sleeping in the swing too often was not a good thing. 

• I don't have any suggestions for you, just wanted to let you know your not alone. I have the same problem with DD. She will only sleep with me or my husband. I haven't tried her crib yet because it needs a mattress but I don't think she will like it either. If you find something that works please let me know. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"